Sign in to follow this  
_leon_

G60 alternator - what Amp?

What amp is the G60 alternator? 65A or 90A? I need a new one and want to be sure I'm getting the right one.... Thanks

generaly its 65 on non A/C cars and 90 on a A/C car...should have a little sticker on it saying what it is

if you can afford the 90a you might as well get it ...pick the sticker off and the dealer/gsf will take it in as exchange

I upgraded to a 90A alternator and found the battery didn't run down anywhere near as much as with my old 65A one (found it in a breakers for £40). I make a lot of short journeys, so I've found the upgrade really useful.

never get the battery running down on me tbh - the bosche battery seemed to have solved that issue - car hasnt been ran for over 3 weeks and theres still plenty of life in it. just got an exchange on a 65a one from vag a week ago and today when placing another order i was told the correct one is 90a - hence the confusion!

don't think the 90a one is really required - i run no stereo equipment so...

If you use the 90amp alternater,best bet is to go for the 90amp battery too.

Nice little upgrade charging wise 8)

Neil.

Make sure you get the right one tho as they won't take the 65A as an exchange for a 90A - I think the surcharge is £50 too!!

chances they will accept it..make sure the sticker gets a wipe with thinners, ive done it a few times and never been challenged

and yeah...my golf used to run the battery down with short trips, its alot better on a 90a one