Sign in to follow this  
Neil English

osram silverstar headlight bulbs?

H4 for the headlight and H3 for the main beam...

Also check the glass lenses for pitting - this will stop the light getting thru and projecting easily and are cheap to replace - less than £20 each...

Also check the reflectors, if they are corroded (or damaged from high wattage bulbs) then they will fail an MOT eventually anyway and are not available seperatly (ie you have to buy new lights)

H4 for the headlight and H3 for the main beam...

Also check the glass lenses for pitting - this will stop the light getting thru and projecting easily and are cheap to replace - less than £20 each...

Also check the reflectors, if they are corroded (or damaged from high wattage bulbs) then they will fail an MOT eventually anyway and are not available seperatly (ie you have to buy new lights)

Thanks for the advice, I have checked the lenses and they seem to be in pretty good condition, also the reflectors seem to be fine, all chrome. I believe the bulbs are halogen at the mo anyway, I'm thinking I need the uprating loom?

Looks cheap and feeble to me, also its only got one relay! Not safe in that respect and probably quite likely to plunge you into darkeness whilst driving some little windey country road

These looms are pretty good 8)

This thread is also worth a read to find out about the pitfalls of cack looms.

The fuses are in water-proof holders, but you'll still want to wrap a bag around the fuses to stop them corroding. Probably a good idea to douse the relay contacts in WD40 and/or (dielectric) grease too.

Edit: Gah, beaten to it :)