Sign in to follow this  
D bot

intro and VR6 manifold help

Let me first off introduce myself since I am new here. I'm Matt from USA (Ohio to be exact). I am on VWVORTEX as "D bot" as well as part of Corrado Club of America. My question is about my Corrado, a 2.8L VR6. I wanted to know first off if the euro corrado has a 2.9L intake manifold. then would a 2.9L intake manifold bolt up to my 2.8L? If so, this is my next thing I am planning. If anyone can point me out to a place that sells them in Europe (even though the USA would be best). I have searched all over for this and have found nothing. Thanks much and nice to be part of another Corrado Club!

Hi there Matt Welcome to the Forum 8)

The 2.9 Manifold will bolt on to the 2.8 lump but you need to have the throttle body and Switches you might have to alter the T.P.S plug as some do vary in size best way to tell is measure the T.P.S bolt holes across, they should be 1" or 1"1/2 across then it would be easier finding one that would plug straight in. :D

As for finding one here probably http://www.E-Bay.co.uk would be the best bet,I would dread to think of the cost to the states :shock: duty fees ect :mad:

P.S T.P.S -Throttle positioning sensor

Thanks james, but is there any other forums, in UK or any other part of Europe? It would be great if anyone else has some sites I could check out. thanks guys/gals 8)

AmD or Stealth Racing (http://www.stealthracing.co.uk) are good contacts as they both sell and fit Shrick VGI manifolds, which means they could have a few 2.9 manifolds kicking about.

Or why not ship me over a Shrick VGI from the states and I'll swap it for my 2.9 manifold :lol:

Kev

I am on VWVORTEX ...would a 2.9L intake manifold bolt up to my 2.8L?

Have you tried to contact Niko in Finland? His VWvortex Addy is Neils. He has a strong link with VWVORTEX members and often sells 2.9 manifolds to the USA. Also, interestingly I notice that in the last month at least 5 2.9i manifolds have been on Ebay, usually put up by the Germans.

Another source is the Passat engine which is sold in the USA often with the 2.9i engine. If you are in California however dont bother as the 2.9i would never meet the emissions regs there.

EIP tuning in the USA also sells an open throated 2.9i intake manifold on an exchange basis which is reported to be much better than an Shrick or VW VGI (no midrange spike).