Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

Toyota 5x100's

Anyone know if its possible to pack out the centre bore, ie is it safe to have a ring made up to sit in there?

Toyota wheels are 5x100 et 35, which sounds great to me, only the guy selling the set im looking at says the centre bore is 70mm.

Is this a goer or a non starter?? :-P

You could see if you could find a thin spacer with the bigger centre bore.

You not getting rid of those speedlines are you? :shock:

Do you think i can get them to fit though?

possibly yes please, and a big thankyou for the offer.

im not paying that for them though, or should i say MBNA wont let me anyway ;-)

Do you think i can get them to fit though?

possibly yes please, and a big thankyou for the offer.

im not paying that for them though, or should i say MBNA wont let me anyway ;-)

Dunno on fitment, if the stud pattern is correct then they will go on ok but you will need to make sure you torque tighten the wheel bolts up to the correct amount and I would also get all 5 bolts in at then tighten opposites about a turn each to make sure the wheel centres correctly.

Right job on! (At work that is)

Nick, you could defo get these to fit. You may be able to find 70-57mm spiggot rings from a wheel supplier. If not, you could get a local machinist to make some up for you.

When I was looking for new wheels recently, I spoke to a local machinist who said he could sort the bore both ways- bore out the centre if too small, or make up spiggot rings if too big.

Yep, as I have said before, it's no prob to get centre-bore machined out if too small or spigot rings made up (if wheel suppliers don't have that size difference).

However, from looking at the eBay ad, the seller states they are for a Toyota Celica ? The centre-bore of a celica GT-4 Carlos Saintz is 54 mm so not sure he gets 70 mm from tbh ??

If centre-bore of the Speedlines is 70 mm they are defo. not from a Celica. I'd get him to physicallly measure the centre-bore of the wheels and then report back. If they are 54mm, very easy to get local machinist to take out bore to 57.1mm (VW centre-bore).

If they are indeed 70 mm your looking at getting spigot rings made up because I think 12.9mm ones will be hard to find. Let us know how you get on. Wheels would be very nice though on a rado !

Cheers and HTH.

If they were £500 each then they're magnesium racing wheels. Regular road going 2110 SC speedlines are £150ish each.

Speedline racing wheels often come with a big centre bore and spiggots supplied to suit each application.

For petes sake Nick - keep the Speedlines you currently have. They look stunning on your car!!!!