Sign in to follow this  
8yourcivic

corrado or CRX

hey you guys im lookin for a good allaround car (a car that can woop ass when it needs to but can be a daily driver and turn heads)... i dont want you guys to just say corrado because this is a corrado forum. please give reasons as well.

thanks

CRX????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

if you're serious then i say get the CRX, it suits you.

With out trying to be funny why ask on a corrado forum ??? :?

I think you could guess what we will say !! :?

i dont really like CRX's anymore. i considered one too, the old ones look VERY dated, and the new ones look like hairdressers cars unless you spend major wedge. Corrado for a daily driver that turns heads. for sure

the newer CRX aint that good. its v "gayboy".

the old,old CRX was a 1.5 i believe and not that great (£400 car) it ran till about E plate.

the older more teatdrop shape car is a good one if a little dated. at 130hp the non vtec versin is a good car. its really only a 2 seater. the back seat is a bench with headroom for a midget.

if its a perfo9rmance thing, a G plate non vtec will see of a 16v corrado and probly stick with a G60. its a revver. my mate has a non vtec and has had it for around 5 years and had no problems-cheap motoring. i believe the vtec version is even better with 150 or 155 hp im not sure. thats as quick if not quicker than a G60.

not really the same sort of car as a corrado. the c is much heavier and has a engine of totally different design. im not aware of a corrado thatll rev 8k with no issues.

if you want bland speed with reliability go CRX (old) vtec a bonus.

if you want style with german build and bigger bills get a corrado. think you'd be happy with either.

A turbo CRX is a flyer. it takes a little bit of work but its 300WHP no probs if done right. im told the injectors on the B?whatever they call it engine run 100% duty so that would have to be addressed straight away but the engine design and flowrate leave a VW for dead.

now a Vtec in a corrado........

Good question. I had a 91 CRX Vtec and I can say it was the best car I have ever owned. I never had any bother with it and it took a lot of abuse.

I don't drive very much and just needed an occasional car and I don't like depreciation. I looked at 6 CRX vtecs before getting a corrado but couldn't get a good one for a good price. But they are out there but you will need to spend a lot of time looking.

I like the VR6 as its a real sleeper. I like to cruise around but have the occasional blast. The CRX vtec is very similar. But hit the 5500 rpm and you will know it.

Great cars (like corrados ;))

End of the day if you like revs and top end rush get a VTEC, if you like torque, get a VR6 :D

(BTW - I am only considering a mk2 VTEC engined car.. The del sols should not be worthy of the CRX badge and the mk1s are well past it now!)

not tryin to point the obvious out too much but, ALL cars are faster going downhil.....

Smarty pants....what i meant was hondas are probably faster than corrados going downhill, i have owned a civic vtec and althought they are fairly rapid and have good bhp per litre, they aint got much torque to pull wieght, put 4 people in a civic and watch it struggle!

Corrado every time!

Had a Civic VTI (EG shape)- really nice car, very fast to 70mph etc, and VTEC was fun.

BUT: no torque- it slowed to a crawl after 70mph, no feel- very soulless :?

Glad I changed back to a Corrado :twisted: :D 8)

i've had two vtec CRXs try to give me a run in the G60. i've never had the G60 setup 'quite right' and its still no contest. the CRX would be hummin like an overrevved lawnmower, disappearing in the rearview.

every time i pass a CRX they STARE at the corrado. heh heh. seems CRX owners like the small 3-door style.. but don't have the cash for a corrado or something.

I'm afraid I'd have to disagree with most of the comments about the Honda CRX. I always wanted a CRX (before I wanted a Corrado), saved for ages, bought a nice one (1.6i-16V), and was pleased with the car. Great looks, handling, reliable, bulletproof engine and all for a reasonable price. Several respected motoring magazines and reviewers have stated in the past that the CRX was one of the top three front-wheel drive handling cars around (of its generation). And I agree..., Never had major problems with mine and always fun to drive, and YES I do still miss it. Don't knock it guys, they are just as popular as the Corrado and have as much of a cult following,

Just my 2P worth.,

Cheers

As you Struan, put your foot down at 60 mph and it feels flat, just doesnt push you back into the seat like the g60 :D

I currently have a CRX mk2. Its not a GAY car.. but it is a bit of a go-cart so dont expect a comfortable ride.

Im actually just buying a corrado VR6.

PM me if you want to ask anything about the CRX

Ha, its funny. Since saying im selling my car on the CRX_UK forumm there all telling me how crap corrados are and how the SiR CRX can p*** all over the VR6...

Even though i have a CRX im completely open minded and i say there both great, but at different jobs.

CRX is great little sporty car and is cheap to insure (only group 12) and is red hot fast !!! 136bhp in a car that weighs under a tonne!! 0-60 in 7.2 and 130mph top end. But its a go kart and tiring on longer journeys

VR6 is big and fast and comfortable but still nible round the twisties (wasnt it said to be the best front wheel drive chasis along with the prelude (back in its day obv))

Ha, its funny. Since saying im selling my car on the CRX_UK forumm there all telling me how crap corrados are and how the SiR CRX can p*** all over the VR6...

Even though i have a CRX im completely open minded and i say there both great, but at different jobs.

CRX is great little sporty car and is cheap to insure (only group 12) and is red hot fast !!! 136bhp in a car that weighs under a tonne!! 0-60 in 7.2 and 130mph top end. But its a go kart and tiring on longer journeys

VR6 is big and fast and comfortable but still nible round the twisties (wasnt it said to be the best front wheel drive chasis along with the prelude (back in its day obv))

the SiR Crx is that the 130-ish bhp one?if it is then even with its weight(or lack of :) )advantage i don't think it would P*** all over a C VR6

back in the 90's until the I-TR stole its unofficial title the C VR6 ws meant to be the best FWD car of ALL time..........not too sure about the prelude tbh

although i've only driven a couple of CRX's(88-92 non V-tech model) including a nearly new one back in 93 and scotcorradog60's old one earlier this year.......i must admit they are one Fun car and if i was in the market for a Fun car the CRX would be on my shortlist