Sign in to follow this  
JBOB

Goodridge brakelines

I bought some Goodridge braided lines from GSF @ VWNW last month. I told the guy what car they were for ('90 16v Corrado) and he got a set from the stock. Ive only just looked at the hoses properly and the sticker on the bottom says -

Golf Gti Mk 2 (6 Line) A SVW0600-6

but looking on http://www.goodridge.co.uk ive found these -

Corrado 16v >1990 A SVW1010-6

Corrado 16v 1990 - 1992 A SVW1020-6

Now Im totally confused :( have they sold me the wrong ones or will the Mk2 hoses fit my car :roll:

Some GSF part numbers do clash from my previous experience, i would think they would fit regardless but you might want to check with GSF and the part numbers before you start fitting??

the kits do differ in length iirc i would change them for the longer front hose's (if there not the ones you have) as then you can do away with all the extra gubbins on the front calipers.

Two questions you need to check:

- are they approximately the right lengths

- do they have the right connectors.

If you can say "yes" to both these questions, then they're fine!

I also email goodridge via the website and got this email back

Hello and thank you for your enquiry,

clearly you have the wrong kit, if the incorrect kit is fitted this will

invalidate any warranty, if you wish to order the correct kit for your car

you can call us or use the order form.

Kind regards,

Looks like they want me to buy another set, and they arnt cheap :( Im not sure if I can take the kit to GSF to change them as I bought them from a show :roll:

I would try and take them back to your local GSF branch along with your GSF receipt. That way they shouldn't be able to argue too much.

I generally find my local branch(es) quite helpful.

I, too, bought a set of Goodrich hoses from my local GSF branch used the part number from their website and was given the right set for G60 Rados. Best of all, GSF only charge approx. half of what most other places (on the web) charge :shock:

Tempest

Tempest Im gonna try that on Monday but I didnt get a recipet at the show :(

dr_mat I havent measured then as I don’t want to take tham out of the packet, I not sure about the connections. Ive also only seen two long pipes (front) and two short pipes (rear) I assume theres a reason for the 6 lines :lol: but Ill see when we fit them :wink:

g-man Ive noticed that the front calipers have a small copper pipe then the std rubber pipe til it reaches the main copper pipe. I assume that the Goodridge hoses screw directly into the caliper.

Im not going to put the hoses on myself as Im going to get my brother to do it on the ramps at Audi where he works.

I think the Mk2 hoses are the same fitment as the Corrado, but they're probably not the same lengths.

If GSF have given you the wrong parts, take 'em back and get them changed. I've taken a number of things back that they've given me incorrectly in the past and they didn't bat an eye.

But that was with receipts... if they're unused tho and they usually keep them in stock, I don't see why they won't exchange them tho. Worth a shot either way :)