Sign in to follow this  
rgn

Which Haynes passat manual for the 9A engine

Can any tell me which Haynes manual covers the 9A? Phoned Haynes and they say they don't do any manual that covers the 9A, but I know that peoplehere have mentioned the passat manual, I'n just not sure which one. Many Thanks

The 1988-96 Manual is available haynes 3498. however it does not cover the 16 valve engine. howver the 2l 16valve engine is covered in the vw golf/ vento manual 3097. can supply for £13 delivered bud.

I dont think that the 9a engine was fitted to the Golf/Vento so this manual wont cover the engine that I have, Thanks anyway

There isn't much info on the Corrado with the 9A engine readily available. If it is engine management info you need, Robert Bentleys “Volkswagen Scan Tool Companion - 1990-1995”, ISBN 0-8376-0393-5 has a section on the 9A’s diagnostic capabilities that is quite useful. For further information, the same authors “Volkswagen Passat Service Manual: 1990-1993, including GL and Wagon”, ISBN 0-8376-0378-1, should cover everything else you need, as there are many synergies between a B3 Passat and a Corrado.

The 1988-96 Manual is available haynes 3498. ...

It's the earlier 1988-91 Haynes passat manual you need (No. 1647), out of print I think, try e-bay, Jim got one for a couple of quid. It covers both KR and 9A engines, but not in massive detail.

I need one of these too...

I've nearly scanned all of mine to PDF (before the pages disintegrate :) ), will let you know when it's done!

I picked mine up on eBay for £4.50 delivered.

Haynes don't list it on their site for some reason - but look on eBay and its the bright pink (think Dinkus) one! I'll take a picture of the details when I get home.

Thanks for all the advice guys. Looking format to hearing form davidwort when you have completed your scanning.

Thanks again

The A2 manual from Bentley doesn’t cover a great deal about the 9A in relation to a Corrado that’s why the Passat book is better.