Sign in to follow this  
dubburke

stereo wiring, whats what?

LOL ....

Talk about impatient!!! :D :D

Yeah sorry messed up and tried to erase message but it wouldnt let me without posting something!! :lol:

You know if you want an image in each post you have to add it to your signature (with tags) through your profile .... ?

Plenty of existing topics in the Site Questions forum ....

Annd if you do a google you can find all kinds of wiring diagrams for cars...

Edit: and oooh a leftie!

well first off what you should do to find out whats what is to use a little light tester to find out 12 volt, ground, and ignition. 12v should always have power even when the car is off, ground should be pretty simple to find. and igniton wire should have power only when the key is turned to the on position. Hope this helps you a little bit ;)

dont u just hate it when people chop all the wires up,can u get a new loom for the stereo?i remember gettin one for my .......................clio :oops: agggggggggggggggges ago :D

Here's a handy tip that was given to me recently for identifying speaker wires and their polarity:

Get a battery (AA size will do) and connect one end to one of the wires and the other end of the battery to each of the other wires until you see or hear the speaker move (Take off the speaker grilles)

If the speaker moves up the polarity is correct (ie the wire at the + of the battery is the speaker +)

If the speaker goes down then you know the polarity is the other way round!

Black wire *should* be the earth, and that big red wire *should* be the live feed (from the ignition)

But please dont blame me if I'm wrong and you give yourself a shock :wink:

Best to disconnect the car's battery while you're identifying the speaker wires.

Good luck :)