Sign in to follow this  
Stan 24v

Drive By Wire - More questions!!!

I always found the MK4 TDI 6 speed to be very notchy but nice and short throw but great for motorway cruising! 6th at 80MPH is something nice and low like 2,500RPM!

OT - yeah it is notchy tho but you get used to it... drove the new Passat today and it's the same, Ford have got it sorted tho on the Focus TCDi - smooth as butter...

Not got any thing here to get it off at the moment, including a torch!!!

I'll do it tomorow. Get out and have a pint :lol:

bloody ell,im going to have this shrite aswel?

Probably all be sorted by then ;) I reckon Coxy's playing on the time thing for those exact reasons, nothing to do with him being a lazy t*at at all :lol:

Clutch switch? Why - to close the throttle temporarily on gear change?

Am I supposed ot be fitting one as well then? As I'm using the oe box and clutch arangement I don't hink it's neccessary is it?

Dutch

DutchVR6, I think it's more of a safety thing in case the DBW goes wrong...

i.e. on cruise control I can hit the brake pedal or clutch to cancel...

I have the clutch switch in mine. so ner ner ne nerr nerr!

the ecu uses it for various things, including holding the revs a touch when you are going through the gears. It would be better to fit it than not.

I have the clutch switch in mine. so ner ner ne nerr nerr!

Yeah, but in 2039 it will be replaced anyway, so it doesnt really matter does it???????? :lol:

Arse. Coxy, is the switch wiring in the loom I've got then?

Dutch

Supercharged, I don't have cruise control mate :)

yeah its in there Dutcho, with the brake pedal switch.

The ecu needs to know when the car is braking too.

pics...um...here you go:

Excellent. I need to buy the 2 switches then and I guess a mounting point needs welding on the pedal box for them?

I'm getting the downpipe made and the bracket for the accelerator pedal welded on Monday hopefully so I can get the switch brackets made then too if neccessary?

The place that's doing it is called G-Force International and they've done a couple of 24v transplants into Corrado's so hopefully it won't be problem.

They're also the guys that did the 570hp/720 Nm TT 3.2 Turbo with a DSG box so I'll ask how it's holding up while I'm there.

Dutch

its not a hard thing actually.

You will need the 4motion brake switch as it has a dual circuit on it, but what you can do is take the corrado brake switch and fit it into the clutch pedal. No welding needed for that as there is already a hole there for it believe it or not!!!

you will have to file a couple of notches in the hole so the switch fits and locks in place but its not a biggy.

i see no clutch switch

follw the pedal up, see the hole in the pedal box directly above the pedal? i think it goes in there.

BUT, it may be slightly above that, out of shot. thats the area you want to be looking anyway.

thats what I have been led to believe. I dont think phatty used the clutch switch when he had the r32 in the corrado

not even sure he used the brake switch - he will let you know.

i used neither. it didn't drive nicely.

when you tried to pull away, it seemed to "rob" revs off you. i.e. you'd bring the revs up to pull away (more than usual due to the light flywheel) and just as you were about to pull away it'd drop the revs back to idel all on it's own. drove me mad, coupled with all the other hassles I had from rushing to get it ready so i pulled the car to bits and started from scratch.

maybe not, but you definitely don't have the clutch switch wired in, it's there for a reason. I never got round to it as I didn't realise the hole was already there until I took the pedal box out again!

Cheers Paul, but its not the same mate. I can see your thinking though.

Ive emailed PSI asking what exactly is fitted, but still waiting for a reply. Im away for a week now so will be making some phone calls when I get back.

Cheers mate ;)