Sign in to follow this  
sefton

Eibach spring?

I know they lower the car by only 35-40mm, but would you be able to see the difference?

I have 16" wheels and want to fill the arches a little, but maintain the ride quality by not going to low!

cheers

Good comfortable ride quality! not crashing over holes and shattering your teeth when you go over a pot hole!

doe'nt this happen the lower you go?

ive got eibachs and koni TA - very good ride. i would like it lowered a bit more, but the konis are only rated for this drop. It is lower than standard and looks ok. a lot of how good it will look, i think depends on your choice of wheels. (im running 16" as well and im happy)

The set up was recommended by AMD so cant be bad 8)

AMD? Whos that? :? Think the shocks on mine are on there way out as they tend to bang are are quite harsh on the bumps!

but I've never driven another Corrado so I'm not sure if all corrados drive like that?

H&R are supposed to be smoother than Eibach. Bit more expensive tho. And both drop by around 30mm, which is plenty IMO, as with the 16" wheels it centres the wheel inside the arch with an even wheel arch gap.

And a corrado is pretty crashy as standard, compared to more modern cars anyway.

Yeah the H&R's lowering is just about right imo. My car now has approx 1" clearance between the arch and tyre as opposed to about 2-3" as standard. H&R also match the springs so that the overall ride height is the same, i.e. no saggy arse syndrome.

If you partner the H&Rs with Koni TAs (set to 1.5 turns front, 3/4 turns rear) the ride quality is very firm but not crashy. Just about right imo. But as ever, road surface quality is the main factor of a decent ride. Even the standard setup is not that great over rutted and pot holed roads. The H&Rs are no worse than standard in that respect but because of the Konis, body control is therefore much better and the car won't wobble about so much.

Kev