Sign in to follow this  
goneinG60seconds

what would you do?

What would you buy for your C if cash was not an issue, from the headlights to the tail lights and everything inbetween.

All suggestions welcome, as I'm thinking of adding some character to my G60.

Thanks in advance.

Well imo stay away from bodykits, i dont think they suit the corrado. To get a nice subtle looking car then you want coilovers and then slam it to the floor, put some nice deep dish 16" wheels (with some arch work done so they fit). Red tint rear lights, badgelsss grill with or without eyebrow. If you want expensive but subtle mods then maybe some audi door handles, smoothed tailgate, smoothed roof channels and fully colour code it.

Like said above the list is endless with money no object :)

Rob.

If it was money no object I'd go for a full bare metal respray, then a quality leather retrim with plenty of sound deadening put in.

Exterior

Lower on coilies, ARB's etc

Either 9 x 16s for the phat look or 8 x 17s

Debadged, smooth handles, remove side strips, smooth bumpers

Full respray, tinted lights front and rear (crystals, all red, smoked)

Interior

Leather recaros, or porsche seats with other leather

Late spec dash, etc

Quality audio install

The list is endless......

Not forgeting...

Full G-werks treatment for the engine

It seems everyone has the same idea with the exterior of smoothing, whilst i do admit this is an obvious and well worked mod, I cant help thinking i'd just be a sheep following the latest fashion.

On the interior I wouldn't mind the porsche and leather with the TT dash.

Anybody got any new/different concepts for me to think about?

Mrbeige please dont think i was judging you or any other member, I was just trying to get a different range of opinions from you and the others and my phrasing is not as good as it could be! :oops:

It seems everyone has the same idea with the exterior of smoothing, whilst i do admit this is an obvious and well worked mod, I cant help thinking i'd just be a sheep following the latest fashion.

If you don't want predictable answers, don't ask predictable questions.

Why not browse through the massive member gallery section and pull off some inspiration from there?

Obviously if you ask someone else what they would do, and then go and do it you will be (as you put it) a sheep following the latest fashion.

I'm seriously thinking about stripping out my G60 and making her into much more of a motorsport themed car while keeping her external looks pretty much as they currently are...

Looking to lose a lot of excess weight from the interior to up the BHP/Tonne ratio in a positive way.... ;)

Not seen many 'rados with the interior stripped out yet, so it's definately not a sheep-ish way of thinking anyway.... ;)

Money no object? Carbon race seat, full FIAA roll cage, STACK dash instruments, plumbed in fire extinguisher and nothing else inside the car... oh, and maybe polycarbonate windows.... :)

Mrbeige please dont think i was judging you or any other member, I was just trying to get a different range of opinions from you and the others and my phrasing is not as good as it could be! :oops:

Ney worries matey, but a lot of people like the smoothed look. The corrado doesn't suit any big body kits or the like (I reckon), so smoothed or OEM+ seems to be the prefered style.

Quite like the idea of a rat-look, mind you, definately not been done often before (if ever!!)

Looking to lose a lot of excess weight from the interior to up the BHP/Tonne ratio in a positive way.... ;)

Not seen many 'rados with the interior stripped out yet, so it's definately not a sheep-ish way of thinking anyway.... ;)

Its amazing the weight in the interior, my breaker at home has been sitting with no interior in it since Saturday, the height difference between it and my other one is unreal :lol: