Sign in to follow this  
nocrap

NoCrap's 2L 16v - MOT Passed!!!!!

In fact even you said at the rolling road day last year that my Corrado went quite well on the journey up!

yeah i know......everything i'm doing at the moment is very daunting to me, i dont want to add anything else at the moment.......but i gaining more and more knowledge by doing this so will probably do that at some point in the not so distant future.

Looking good.

You going to clean up the rad support panel and crossmember and give them a coat of paint whilst you are there too?

Yeah, they both clean up really well....there's only a very small patch of rust on the crossmember which i'll rub down and paint..

A bit of sandblasting!

DSCF2976.jpg

DSCF2979.jpg

She's running again!

DSCF3078.jpg

DSCF3086.jpg

All that needs to be done now is the fluids! Oh and the front panels....

Again a huge thank you to Supercharged for his continuing help.

All fluids now done bar the gearbox which i might do as well. Also changed the gasket and the o ring on the oil cooler and bracket.......Runs lovely!

Got Besian bringing me a new wing and slam on Sunday so I'll hopefully get them on (well probably just the slam panel for the time being).....then I'll be ready to rock and roll early next week!!!! Woo!

Considering that i didn't get in from a cracking night in London until 5 this morning why on earth did i decide that it would be a good idea to put the new slam panel on tonight at 7.45! all i intended to do was to paint a bit of rust....

New bonnet was fitted yesterday as well so its starting to come together!

DSCF1247-1.jpg

DSCF3090.jpg

Managed to get the new wing on yesterday, was a bit of a fiddle but didn't really expect it not to be!

DSCF3091.jpg

DSCF3093.jpg

Tonight I spent a bit of time trying to sort out the bonnet release cable, the bits at the handle end that hold the plastic shroud in place pinged off when i was trying to open the broken bonnet...annoyed me too much so I've left it for tomorrow to give me time to think about it and hopefully get some answers from here.

After giving up with that we put then bumper back on!

DSCF3095.jpg

Finally got to drive the Corrado again on Monday for the first time in weeks! was great to back behind the wheel and blast it around.

Was slightly worried by the very high pitch noise coming from the right side of the engine, turned out the cold start injector bolts hadn't been fully tightened :oops: and 75psi of pressure was forcing its way through, luckily only air and not fuel!

Was going to take some more pictures but as it's been raining every day since Monday i haven't been able too!!

Installed some G60 brakes last night with the help of Supercharged!

All went well but we weren't able to change the flexi hoses as the union nuts where jammed, so as a very temporary measure we've used the old ones!!

DSCF3308.jpg

DSCF3309.jpg

Because MrBeige moaned that i hadn't updated this in a while i thought i'd put up my new(ish) wheels......BMW BBS's

DSCF3258.jpg

Need to try and get some BBS centre caps mate :) I used to run the same wheels with VW logos and liked the look of the wheel with BBS logo's on there instead :)

BTW - you seen the nearly new FK AK's in the For Sale section mate? Nice cheap coilies!

Need to also work out a way of replacing or fixing the plastic screw in bits too as they don't lock onto the wheel very well....there's no worries about them dropping off but they do have an annoying rattle!

I did see the FKs but think the Beigemeister has dibs on them

I *think* I might have some centre nuts kicking around from when I used to have my G60 with the same wheels. Just the centre plastic oversized 'nut' bit, not the centre plate that covers the wheel nuts. If I can find em, you can have em next time I see you!

Yah thats the one, mine's the lock type rather than the threaded ones i've seen on other wheels.

Cheers Jim

Got some caps for those if you want them Full set too.. Mate Bought them for my G60 wheels ages ago and they were the wrong ones.. Will give you a spare set if you want them?

As it's been over a year since i've updated this i thought i'd better add something!

Just sorted out a limited milage classic car insurance policy,

Changing the front discs as well as chucking on some mk4's on the rear..... all she then needs is tax and MOT and we'll be rocking!

Watch this space, i'll pop up some pictures of the caliper swap.

Sorry I missed you earlier Tim.

Awesome news mate. Looks like your and mine will hit the road at the same time (ish)!! Whoot!

Another couple of jobs crossed off!

DSC00637_1.gif

Yummy new VAG discs...

Also fitted a new fuel lift pump once i'd managed to get the locking ring off!!

Next job is to get the Mk4 rears on and new discs fitted, some serious irwin bolt gripping needed for this though!

Hi

looking good

btw have you got the old alloys for sale ?

I'm after a set of oem for my '94 valver

let me know

J

Brake overhaul complete!!

I forgot to take any pictures of the rears but i'll no doubt have a wheel off again sometime soon!

New ATE discs, VAG bearings, Mk4 callipers, new splash shields and new bolts all round!

Next stop MOT!!!