Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged Junkie

Aerial convertor?

Hi guys

Just got hold of a new aerial but it requires a normal type aerial fitting not the screw type C have! Is there anyway of converting a screw type fitting to a female aerial fitting?

Cheers for any help

Thanks

Ian

you can get an adaptor from most motor factors costs about £3-£4

Rob

i think you mean the ones that adapt a stubby right angle connector as found in vauxhaull's :shaking: to the long normal ones, the connector he needs is for at the back where the antenna connects above the headlining, i just cut the connector of the old antenna and used that.

p.s. is the new antenna a shark fin off e-bay by any chance?

p.s. is the new antenna a shark fin off e-bay by any chance?

Am affaid to say YES IT IS :oops: The little shite around this way have already removed one of my alloy aerials, got a sabre anti-theft one at the mo and they damaged the base my trying to remove that...Am quite shocked that it stayed on and still works but thought i`ll i would try the shark fin aerial shame it has the wrong connector!

i have the same one for the same reason, as well as not getting in the way when i put the cover on the car.

you might be dissapointed with the fm reception though, i am going to take mine apart and put the gps antenna for the navigation in it and get an internal glass mount fm aerial instead.

thoses are ISO to DIN aerial adapters, what he needs is the screw in type connector used at the rear of the headlining where the long aerial cable from the headunit connects to the actual aerial, as far as i know its a vag only connector so it might be a case of cutting the plug off the old one.

I've seen those before.

Cut the connector off and solder the wires to a connector of the right type.

Ah sorry, thought it was the stereo end.

As above, just cut the connector off and stick a new one on, its easy!! No different to sticking one on your tv at home ;)