Sign in to follow this  
lottysvdub

need advise please

hi guys its me again as some of you may know my 1992 2ltr 16v has had a few running problems for a while , i would really do with a little advise .

all ignition side is fairly new i.e plugs cap arm leads all good , but im sure the car is over fueling as it back fires alot on overrun and when its ticking over it smells like its running rich at the exhaust ,if you blip the throttle you get a puff of black smoke and lots of sooty deposits come out , today ive set the c/o level to 0.5 % at the manifold instead of 1.5-2.0% and disconnected the 5 injector as i think its throwing itself on as and when it likes , since doing this the car feels more responsive and its stopped popping back on overrun and hardly any black smoke if you give it a boot full , im wondering if the ecu is trying to over fuel the car due to the exhaust being 3inch diamiter and has been de-catted , the o2 sensors are still plugged in to the loom but are tucked up out the way , im thinking if the c/o level has been set to 1.5% and the ecu only wants max .5% this could be the problem also were the 5th injector is faulty making the mixture to rich on a warm start up causing the sod to flood , any ideas guys please , thanks again guys :D