Sign in to follow this  
JIMMI

Audi TT/S3 brakes on a VR6

First off i have used the search and cannot answer my questions exactly !!

I have been in the process of Giving my VR a little more go in the engine department, the suspension side of the car is sorted but i need to make it stop a little better !!

Ive bought some 225 Audi TT front calipers, Discs & carriers for the front and ill be fitting these this week, i have one question about these, i only have about 10-15mm clearance inbetween my original 288 brake calipers and the spokes on my 17" wheel (this was with brand new pads in) am i gonna have a clearance issue with the 312mm set up ???

I also got the rear discs and calipers from the TT, will these fit straight on or will i need to make up some caliper carriers ???

Cheers Jimmi.....................................

PS the calipers are the same, but you'd need 6mm of spacers to get the carriers sitting correctly, so you should be OK.

Yep ive read those, wasnt keen on putting washers in on the front calipers to space them out so i machined some one piece spacers up and im gonna use them.

I wanted to know hew much further "outbound" the TT calipers will be than my standard VR ones. I also need to know about the rear TT caliper fitment as well !!

jimmi..........................

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the spacers/washers either really, but it seems to work safely enough.

The callipers are actually 6mm further inboard rather than outboard...

Rears are just standard Mk4 Goof et al items, so just the callipers and hoses need changing. You can use the Corrado pads, but it's recommended to use the Mk4 ones - they're a bit of a tight fit, but give you a much better pedal feel.

If the rear set up uses the solid disks then you can just bolt them on and like dinkus said u will need hoses. However If they are the vented rears then I dont think they'll fit.

Cheers dudes, thats that sorted then !!

Nice one Dinkus, i wont need to change wheels if i have the brake clearence which is good new cos i like them !!

The rear discs are solid ones so they will slip straight on, the TT i got the brakes off had only done about 6k miles so the rear pads are virtually new, ill put them in and it'll save trying to squeeze some brand new ones in !!!!!!

Lock this up now if you want,

Cheers Jimmi......................................

i think you might need better front brakes than the TT's. they are most definately better than standard brakes. but with the 350-400bhp you will end up making :evil: i would look at some brembo's, from a cupra r for example, as i can cook my brakes even with a mere 290bhp :lol: