Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Beesting

Decision help needed Another 'Rado or golf??

Hi

Before anyone shoots me down for asking if I should get another rado or a golf let me explain.

I used to have a G60 corrado and I loved it to bits. I sold it to get a Nissan 200 sx. Its a good car but doesnt do it for me anymore.

I am getting married in May and I am looking to fulfil a dream of mine.... to buy a westfield. 8) :twisted:

I am putting the Nissan up for sale this weekend so I need to get another car soon.

I was orignially thinking of getting a corrado vr6 but i think this might eat to much of the 'westfield' money up.

So I looked at a golf vr6 as they are pretty cheap. What are peoples views of these cars? How about a 2l 16v Corrado. Which car do you think will be cheaper to run?

Or should I just say the westfield probably aint going to happen and get a really nice vr6 corrado?? :wink:

Opnions gratefully recieved.

Rich

Hi

Before anyone shoots me down for asking if I should get another rado or a golf let me explain.

I am getting married in May and I am looking to fulfil a dream of mine.... to buy a westfield. 8) :twisted:

Or should I just say the westfield probably aint going to happen and get a really nice vr6 corrado?? :wink:

Get the nice Vr, the wife will only make you sell the westfield cause " its to cold and rattley" :roll: :lol:

Get the nice Vr, the wife will only make you sell the westfield cause " its to cold and rattley" :roll: :lol:

HAHAHAHA, have you met her! She is spanish and cant see why I would want to get a convertiable car in this country! I am trying to put it in a romantic light but she is not convinced YET.

But she has taste, she loved my last corrado, she even cried a little bit when I sold it!

Not too keen on the Golf VR6 mate. Nice car, but so soft and wallowy compared to the rado.

Much more of a soft cruiser imo.

Get a rado VR :)

In fact I could do you a nice cheap blue vr - should be finished and mot'd by next week :)

Oh could be very interested! PM me some details please mate!

Just the running costs that worry me.... :wink:

hey rich hows u,

i would deffinately get the westy (one of my, yeah i have owned one of those cars)

as for the golf or corrado question, tricky i have onwed both the golf was very nice it was a highline lowered on H&Rs so handled ok just did'nt light my fire at all... hence why i bought your G60 :lol: God i miss that car :cry:

but if you had a westy in the garage (and it has to be either a vr golf or corrado) i would go for a well looked after subtly modded late 3 door golf, the last ones were quicker than the earlier ones (more like 190bhp) and it will without question be cheaper than a Vr corrado. and you can use the westy for tha all out driving experience.

just my 2p worth but thats what i would do,

josh

hey rich hows u,

i would deffinately get the westy (one of my, yeah i have owned one of those cars)

as for the golf or corrado question, tricky i have onwed both the golf was very nice it was a highline lowered on H&Rs so handled ok just did'nt light my fire at all... hence why i bought your G60 :lol: God i miss that car :cry:

but if you had a westy in the garage (and it has to be either a vr golf or corrado) i would go for a well looked after subtly modded late 3 door golf, the last ones were quicker than the earlier ones (more like 190bhp) and it will without question be cheaper than a Vr corrado. and you can use the westy for tha all out driving experience.

just my 2p worth but thats what i would do,

josh

Hello mate

Thanks, I remember you telling me about the golf you had.

The thing is I dont know if I will be able to afford the westy once I am married but I dont want rule it out just yet!

it would be a dream to have a corrado vr6 and a westy!

Difficult choice, im in a very similar position, but without the spanish mrs.

The 2.0 16v has a great engine, and a very sound car IMO. Im not a great fan of the mk3 so if you find a good mk2 vr, may be worth checking out.

Im either going for a 2L corrado or a 2L/vr converted mk2 golf.

Im either going for a 2L corrado or a 2L/vr converted mk2 golf.

problem with a converted MK2 is that you never know quite how well the conversion was done and what condition the engine was in.

You could be putting yourself up for big bills!

Very true, however, my brother bought a converted mk2 with a 2L ABF engine off a veedub enthusiast. It RRd at just under 200 bhp

Ive seen it wrip to pieces g60s and vrs, it's rediculously quick. So i guess its a risk worth taking, when it pays off that is.

HAHAHAHA, have you met her! She is spanish and cant see why I would want to get a convertiable car in this country! I am trying to put it in a romantic light but she is not convinced YET.

But she has taste, she loved my last corrado, she even cried a little bit when I sold it!

Think you"ve answered your own question with the above :lol:

i'd say get a cheap mk3 golf vr..... there are loads aobut so you can be choosy... and then with the money you saved on buying a rado vr6 you can put it in your westfield piggybank..... Then if it happens it happens if it doesn't sell the golf and get the rado at a later date!! The golfs aren't bad cars at all, people have different opinions, but it's still a pretty hot hatch..... :)