Sign in to follow this  
Brando

End of an era, gutted!

Yo All,

40k (miles), e38, several very cool meet-ups, a lot of awesome people, A LOT of awesome cars (still yet to get over Jays), one massive European road trip and 4 years later I'm kind of leaning towards the side of getting rid of my Corrado :'(. I hit 25 in a few weeks time and I've dreamed of owning a Porsche since i was knee high.

My job is getting more and more demanding and the other love of my life (surfing) as ever steals what's left. There is just no time to fix little bits and genuinely care for my C any more :'(. It deserves a lot better!

The car is still a late 94 M, fitted with:

Lowered 40mm Koni TAs with H&R springs (6000 miles old)

K&N panel filter

Vibratechnics front engine mount

New brake pads and lamda senser

4x Newish avon zv3s (good grip, good walls, poor retention of air!)

17 inch OZ polaris, curbed by an ex forum members gf (from her mkII 16v - would love a refurb)

9 Months on m.o.t (sailed through with new lamda sensor)

6 months on tax

An a4 box file of history and reciepts, oil changes every 6k since I owned it.

It still drives like a dream and always puts a smile on my face!!!!

Black interior

Alpine Commander unit and 6 disc multichanger

lupo wipers

Clifford Concept 300 cat 1 alarm and imob.

Newish Sach-Power Clutch.

Bad news

-----------------

146k on the clock (fully rebuilt after the cambelt snapped at 99k by a vw service manager for his wife who got preggers)

Tiny bit of rust on drivers door (I have a replacement door that would be included)

Small scratch on front bumper and small scuff on passenger side wing.

No log book, got lost when a garage went bankrupt (former owner only just got the car back, but VW have it on their system up to 80k and there is stacks of paper work inc most MOTs since then.

Heater controls suffer classic prob and need to be fixed.

What price do you guys reckon if I were to sell it?

It seems stupid to become emotionally attached to a car, it's why I love dubs too much. I am half tempted to just take it off the road and start fitting the 1.8t I have talked and thought about for x no. of years! But time is not on my side and I really wouldn't want it to rott in a garage, it deserves a lot better!

Thanks,

A dejected Olly!

price wise whatever you would be happiest getting..................sounds between £2k-£2.5k tops

what sort of Pork are you fancying???

You'll laugh if that is your air cooled beasty, but I'm looking at a 2-3 year old boxsters (2.7 and no vvt so I guess 3-4 year olds now) with sub 20k, leather, climate, becker sound system and no traction control.

guess it's prob out of your price range from what you've said but if you can, get a Cayman not a Boxster - *much* nicer to drive imo

gl getting the Boxster you want tho

Sorry to be a pedant, but you've listed a lot of information about the car, you know how much you've spent on it and as a result I'm sure you also know how much money someone can offer you for it between you saying "no way" and "yeah ok then".

Please can you either make this into a full advert with a price, or we're going to have to take it down in order to keep things fair on others.

Thanks

You'll laugh if that is your air cooled beasty, but I'm looking at a 2-3 year old boxsters (2.7 and no vvt so I guess 3-4 year olds now) with sub 20k, leather, climate, becker sound system and no traction control.

now't wrong with a 2.7 Boxster believe me........in the right hands they certainly can keep a 911 at bay in the twisties................don't discount older 911's(964/993 shape) tho...........I was set on buying a new 987 Boxster S/Catman S til I was posed the Q..........wouldn't you rather open the garage and see a 911 sitting there???............game over after that

still slower comparitvely speaking..........you'll obviously feel more of a kick with the 911 but the schricked up C isn't massively slower...........there's still nearly 70bhp/40lb/ft of a difference afterall

and dare i say it prob one of the few nicer sound tracks behind your head ;-)

flat six wirring away at full chat, mmmm goose bumps

i drove a carrera 2 (90G plate) and the main things i liked were, noise/torque/germanic purposeful interior and instrumentation/and uuuuuber brakes oh, and the pure fact i was driving a 911, imo the best example of charicter there is for a car.

Sorry Dinkus it's genuinly not an advert, I am not selling yet, if i sell it would be the start of December and I wouldn't have posted this now! I am just more stating I am gutted to think of selling and gathering my thoughts. Also keen to hear peoples opinions.

I did think of ordering a new cayman scarlet, when they were annouced. But there is something about the boxster I love, it's a very neat packaged! If I was going to spend that much I prolly would buy a late 996 carrera. But in all honesty I just want something fun and the more I spend the more I have to worry about it and the more attention it gets, boxsters are 10 a penny now and that suits me!

now't wrong with a 2.7 Boxster believe me........in the right hands they certainly can keep a 911 at bay in the twisties................don't discount older 911's(964/993 shape) tho...........I was set on buying a new 987 Boxster S/Catman S til I was posed the Q..........wouldn't you rather open the garage and see a 911 sitting there???............game over after that

I'd love a 911, it's a given, and if I had a house already I would buy one! However, still saving for a phat house deposit at the moment :'(.

I you can afford it, buy a Porsche! .. .any Porsche. If you can't, sell an organ (or two) if need be. Porsche's are fantastic - barring the Porsche money earner, the Cayenne.

I ran a Boxster 2.7l 228bhp 53' plate for a while, and it was bloomin' good!

Has to be taken over 5k rpm for it to go properly, and the red line was soooo addictive. Handling was sablime. Even did a drive to southern France and back in it. Happy Days.

Mind, that car is gone and I now drive a 2ltr diesel family barge ... but I also have the G60 :-)

don't get me wrong I love *all* Porsches - I even work there! I'm just a bit smitten by the Cayman at the mo!

911 still has to be best though and sooooooooo glad they've gone back to the 993 look with the 997 - beautiful! Just wish I had the money to buy one but I too am saving for a house - proving to be v difficult being the owner of a somewhat temperamental C!!

I now drive a 2ltr diesel family barge ...

LJ you've got my sympathy :lol:

yeah if you registered it in my name :lol:

If you want I could talk to a couple of people and see what discount they would give (not much I don't expect!) but worth a try. btw, I work at PC Reading - quite a drive from Swansea. PM me and let me know what you're after - model, age, spec, mileage, colour etc and your price range and I'll see what's in group stock (which is 5 sites worth of cars). I have access to all the vehicle details so can find out pretty much whatever you want to know...