Sign in to follow this  
mtc R32

Sub Box measurements required, Anyone ????

Does anyone know where I can find out the box measurments for a Celestion AD10" Sub..... ????

I've currenly got this in a custom made tube but I know I will obtain its full potential in a Box instead...

Anyone Had Celestion Subs in the Past??? And what do you think of them??? :)

Ive got a celestion ad15h in a 2.2 cu. ft ported box and its the larger one out of the two off the spec sheet.

Ive also got a brand spanking new ad15 sitting in the attick lol

Excellent subs, drop low and hit very hard.

ad10 may not drop too low, best stick it in a sealed box. might prove a bit difficult to power as they are rated at 8ohm. Think I know which one you have as it was on ebay a while ago.

Call James at Audioscape as he has a lot of experience with Celestion AD subs and will be able to tell you the optimum cabinet volume.

Thats the one Young Dub

I've just purchased another 2 Celestion AD12's in a proff built box all to measurments....

What would you value them at???? And what amp would you partner them up with???

Call James at Audioscape as he has a lot of experience with Celestion AD subs and will be able to tell you the optimum cabinet volume.

Cheers Kev...

I knew if there was anyone out there with the info it would be you 8)

Although I may sell the 10" on now as I've just acquired two Celestion Ad12's.... Already in the right box... Just need the right amp for them now!!!

Would like to keep it old school though as these are old subs :)

I would use the 2 ad12's tbh. Wire them parallel and they should see 4 ohms each. All you have to do now is find an amp that does 600w rms at 4 ohms and your laughing. Although all they really need is about 150w each to get them going.

The ad12's will sound mint!

I would personally use the old skool rockford fosgate amps, or the kicker zr series. :)

young dub, I bet the AD15s are awesome.... I find all Celestions of that range need to work in big boxes in comparison to subs of today!!!! :roll:

What amp you using..???

Im using the single ad15h as they are two different subs. The ad15h is rated at 4ohms and 600w rms, whereas the ad15 is rated at 8 ohms and 300w rms.

I used to power the ad15h with a rockford fosgate 120a2, which really only did 150w at 4 ohms...i say only but belive me it was enough.

Im now powering it off a rockford fosgate 75.2 which I think is something like 300w : 4ohms. with this amp it hits alot harder.

I also had it running off a 225.2 which is something like 600w rms and it was a bit overkill lol.

The more power you give it the harder it hits, but I dont think I would give it a full 600w rms again as the subs are about 10 yrs old now and i dont want it to give up smoke anytime soon. lol

young dub,

TBH I'm new to the Audio scene so I'm finding it very difficult in trying to find the right amp...

I do want somethin old school as I beleive old is gold!!!

Two AD12s, now you're talking ;-)

One of James' installs with bandpass AD12s won numerous competitions! This was years ago tho when ADs were still popular. Fantastic subs the 12. Not that keen on the 15 tbh.....but good for serious lows.

Two AD12s, now you're talking ;-)

One of James' installs with bandpass AD12s won numerous competitions! This was years ago tho when ADs were still popular. Fantastic subs the 12. Not that keen on the 15 tbh.....but good for serious lows.

The ones I've purchased are in a ported box, and beleive me I've never heard such a musical sub before....

I now just need the right amp thats gonna help produce the quality that these subs can produce...