Sign in to follow this  
RADO.001

vr6 mods, enlarged TB maybe?

ive just got sum schrick 286 cams and am waitin for schrick mani group buy to go through (with g-man), but want to know if there are any other good mods i should think about doin to get the bhp/tourqe up on my vr while im havin these fitted? how about enlarged TB?

heard AmD ones are good, but i remember readin that kevHaywire had found somthing like it but made by someone else, and put it on his C!?

Some guy on Fleaby a while back was selling Enlarged throttle bodies and he was the guy who made them for AMD for half the price,so i bought one and fitted it and there was hardly to any difference in power...

Cant remember ,it was 2 years ago,it was louder !!

EDIT...

Throttle response is power,why else would you do it ? just to blip the throttle from idle?

Better off with a alloy flywheel if you are after engine response.

thats the guy,nice one xbones.

i just want to get my vr up to bout the 230bhp mark with as much toruqe as i can, but not sure how to get there (dont say charger, not sure i want to go that way)?

ive got BMC, raceland exhaust mani and full ss magnex with decat on the C, i also have schrick 268's (in the garage) and hopefully the schrick mani (if the group buy with G-man goes through). but want to know what eles i should be lookin at?

Shedding weight off the crank will give you extra BHP but to achieve good power from an N/A depends on how deep your wallet is and it must be very deep.

I didn't say charger....lol

I honestly don't know,possible 215-220 but this is a guess,im sure there are peeps on here with a similar set up and would be able to give you a better idea.

The schrick and cams will be good for that sort of power and the rest of the mods will have minimal difference in power increase.

Gasflowed head, bigger intake valves, port matched intake and exhaust manifolds, thermal manage the schrick. Light weight crank pulley.

I've got one of the internally bored/polished TBs from the guy off ebay (Micha I think) for sale if your interested. £80

You could get some head work... mines ported and polished with bigger valves.. Think my cars making 225 ish

If you can do it yourself, porting the manifolds is cheap. They yield measurable increases. Porting the exhaust manifolds is actually more effective than putting on a header.

Exhaust porting refers to the stock manifolds. You installed a header, which honestly, most people havent been able to get any measurable gains from.

Exhaust porting refers to the stock manifolds. You installed a header, which honestly, most people havent been able to get any measurable gains from.

Apart from the amazing sound, ebaneezer :)

well ill be happy with bout 220bhp from the schrick cams, mani, tb and other mods ive got , untill next summer when ill hopfully add a super charger! it'll give me more cash for brakes ect