Sign in to follow this  
marcus

which 288mm discs???

Im just about to fit new Brembo callipers to my vr, i want to buy drilled discs too, what drilled discs do you guys suggest?

Just to double check, am i right in thinking i can use 288mm discs to my Vr??

Yes, with the Golf 3 288-mm calipers, carriers AND suitable wheels as the ATE calipers on the 288-mm set up catch on a lot of wheels.

The ATE calipers/carriers and, I assume any 288mm discs, most certainly fit behind 15" Speedlines with space for balance weights. I don't know about Brembo calipers, but if the caliper and carrier do fit, then presumably the disc will.

I have ATE Power discs (grooved, not drilled), in conjunction with standard VAG pads. They work well but rumble a good deal if really used in anger.

Best wishes

RB

Well, apparently the seat carriers will fit the vr (which is bloody lucky at 18.00 each) and be fine for the brembos i have, so depending where they end up then i'll get told what size discs will go-but i'm sure 288s will be fine as ive just ordered new wheels too now.