Sign in to follow this  
Deluk

lorry just drove into my C (GONING TO FIX HER!!)

no its was is parked up outside my house , lucky for me , it was just parked up :( , man i feel sick about it tho .

all drivers side wing , door , bumper is had it , i will get some pic's up when i stop smashing things .

yeah my alarm when off , so i took pic's with the lory touching my car, got all ins info, dont know if it a write off yet my wife loves my car she wont let it get wrtten off.

Unfortunately three badly damaged panels is more than likely an insurance write-off these days with valvers.

Sounds like you might have to buy it back from the ins. company and repair it yourself.

My insurance company wrote my VR off earlier this year when I destroyed a deer. Needed new wing, light, bonnett and door. Bought it back off them, sourced secondhand parts, got them sprayed up and fixed it myself. Made about £1500 profit.

I felt like crying at the time but getting it back on the road 6 months later (VR bonnetts are ard to find) it felt like I had just bought the car all over again.

ok i just phoned my mate works in honda in Swindon, he knows loads of body fixing ppl thinking about getting it back when wrtten off.

i know you guys will help me fix my C your all sorted :D

Not good :-(

I can recommend Motorama, on the Wroughton road out of Swindon from J16. He's repaired a few cars my wife "modified", and he did a top job for little money. Swindon Audi recommended him at the time for non-insurance work.

if any one has a drivers wing + door maybe a bumber in red not sure what red it is ,or in other colours will be ok

Nooooo, unlucky mate! :(

Hope you get it sorted though, name and shame this dollard driver!

Just seen this :( Gutted for you.

If it's a write off, you've always got the option of buying it back off your insurers really cheap. Then you can break it, make a few quid and get a VR with the insurance money and the money from breaking :wink:

i was thinking that how much do they let them go for after .

was about to book it into for the cams too.

thing is i need a car for work i liked driving my C 30 miles eachway to work gives me time to think .

i would like a vr but the cost of running it is to high , i would like to get mine back on the road.

bet that wont happen soon

If the insurance come around to look and then write it off they'll value the car as is and then give you a figure (at least that's what I understand). so if you've got something nice then take it off before they come.

At least that's what I'd do.. unless it's illegal of course then i wouldn't :lol:

In theory, the VR should be more expensive to run. However, my current 16v has approx the same fuel consumption as my 2 VRs, and I've spent way more in maintenance on the valver too...

Wish I'd bought another VR in the first place- thought I was doing the sensible thing!