Sign in to follow this  
maxveins

I just had my first crash...

How lovely, a nice a person decided to pull out of the inside lane for no apparent reason... forcing me to brake, skid, and hit the central reservation... oh and then they decided to carry on driving in their lovely unmarked merc...

rant over...

the damage isn't THAT bad, but its gonna cost a bomb to fix i reckon, i've had the car approximately two weeks and I love it so its getting fixed.

Where do I get two new front wings, and a new bumper from? i need a grille and lights as well but they can come from gsf by the looks of things,

the front is bent slightly, but not badly, thinking it could be brought back into shape...

Fortunately I haven't sold my mk1 golf yet so I guess I'll be driving that for a couple of weeks...

Basically, ANY help is welcomed, and if anyone knows a good bodyshop in the norwich area that'd be lovely too.

only insured third party as well so I cant even claim it , plus my excess is sky high anyway...

So yeah, HELP PLEASE...

Max

Upon re-inspection this morning, the damage is pretty bad... some bits if the chasis are bent at the front and considering the car only cost 900 quid, is it going to be worth fixing it, or breaking whats left and buying a new one...?

any advice...?

could just throw the engine in my MK1 haha...!

max

i know it sound horrid. but some times it is just not worth repairing. get all the good bit off. sell everything you can to recoop some cash and put it towards a new corrado..

some beouch pulled out infront of me 3 years ago. insurance gave me 2k to fix- after they wanted to right me off. wing and a door.!!

but if you've got a bent chassis. sorry. scrap it.

it suck when things like this happen if it was on the motor way. ask the local police if they can find a highway video.

good luck chap.

To be honest I'd rather start fresh with a new car, VW obviously, I'll get my MK1 back on the road and see what comes up in the new year I reckon.

Really will need it to go ASAP tho, parents won't appreciate it sitting on the drive for very long!

Bad luck maxveins, i feel for you mate. Some numpty pulled out on me 2 days before last xmas. Front wing, bumper, light, grille and slam panel all bent/smashed. Insurance took one look (literally) and said theres no way itll be fixed. So i took the car, got the parts off ebay for around 300 bar, vw wanted 1600!!! I tried fixing it up, but the car wasnt the same after that tbh.

Best bet as already mentioned is to strip it and sell the parts.

Good luck mate with whatever you decide to do!