Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

SUB

been looking at a quality 12" sub, thought i could live without but unfortuately i cant...

shortlisted these 3 what you guys make of them.

all advice is appeciated

MB QUART - RWE302

MB QUART - PWE304

JL AUDIO - 121B4

Im looking to buy now, but not without some input from you guys, if these subs are rubbish then also please recommend me something.

Also what happened to audioscape building a sub enclosure in the side of the boot? really interested in that!

THANKS

Furk'z

How much are you looking to spend? What do you want from a sub, are you looking for quality or maximum bass volume? Do you want to run sealed or ported? What amp are you going to run it off of? Do you want single or dual voice coils? What load do you want t oshow the amp....

Its not quite as simple as "are these 3 subs any good..." Dpends what you want / need

Also what happened to audioscape building a sub enclosure in the side of the boot? really interested in that!

There was a GB on them over a year ago.

are they still making them and how much are they ...

come on kev what abt some adivce on a sub, :wink:

am looking for some backgroud bass doesnt have to be LOUD or exceptionally high quality but something half decent. will be sitting in a sealed or ported box? whatever is best

budget under £150 for the lot.

also what abt some sites guy that you have used, whcih are cheap and cheerfull!!!

Furk'z - I've got one of the Audioscape sub boxes and a fairly cheap Rainbow sub, but you're going to be looking at at least £250 for that setup.

am looking for some backgroud bass doesnt have to be LOUD or exceptionally high quality but something half decent. will be sitting in a sealed or ported box? whatever is best

budget under £150 for the lot.

also what abt some sites guy that you have used, whcih are cheap and cheerfull!!![/quote:90a41]

Fancy one like in my mk2 ?

MB Quart.

I've had several JL subs (four of them at once!) and yes, they are loud, but the sound quality isn't very good. If you want loud noise, go for JL, if you want quality sound, MB.

My 2p :wink:

MB Quart get Nas's vote :lol:

..head back to queens, piped out seats, oak wood, MB Quart speakers pumpin out old sh!t..

Pioneer speakers pumpin has i smoke in the pound, coz this dj be......

haha, u joker

jus spoken to some boys and apparently i be a fool not to buy Phoenix Gold or KEF?

last time i heard abt pheonix gold was abt 1995 when they had abt 20 of them in a car in max power mag and used to drive with ear muffs on?????

MB Quart will do you proud,

other alternatives would be...

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product ... 08d7937675

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product ... 08d7937675

The Boston recommends a very small sealed enclosure which is probably easiest if you want to make it yourself, again though it depends on what amp you are going to be using, what load you need for the amp, if your buying or making a box etc.... Alternatively you can buy second hand where you will get a lot more for your money ( I got 2 11inch Focal subs off Ebay for £125 delivered....)

I have Focal and its nice. If you want a nice big sub you can have my old Kicker Solobaric S15L7. Its a 15" square speaker, duel voice coils and can take 2000W of power. got me 138.9Db at a sound off in my old 206 and that was not quite at full power!! Yours for just £150 but you have to get your own ear plugs!!

Just fits in the boot but fills a lot of it!!

Oh its in a wedge shape box, about 1.5 cubic feet

70337-02s15l74.jpg

15" Dual 4-ohm Voice Coil Subwoofer

Titanium deposit cone

Non-resonant aluminum basket

Santoprene rubber surround

Dual 4-ohm voice coils for wiring

flexibility with a compatible amp

Frequency response 18-100 Hz

Power range 75-1,000 watts RMS

Peak power handling 2,000 watts

Sensitivity 89.3 dB SPL

Top-mount depth 8-3/16"

Sealed box volume 1.5-6.0 cubic feet

Ported box volume 3.0-6.0 cubic feet

[/quote:4e4ea]

They do still make them yeah. I've heard rumblings of another GB actually. They're normall £180 but drop to £140 in a GB IIRC. You can have different volumes to suit a specific sub too.

As for which sub, it's all personal but I go for depth and clarity over volume. I like the Image Dynamics IDQ 10/12, ARC Audio 10/12 and the Phase Linear Aliante is a beautiful sub! One of the best for SQ. Mainstream MBs and JLs are OK though, pretty good value.

kevHaywire, i know ur close with the audioscape boys, have a word and get some boxes on the cheap :wink:

If your after budget BASS then IMO you cant beat a good active sub in a box. I managed to get a FLI 12" with its own 300W Amp for £50 on ebay. £30 for cables and the sound is very warm, powerful and on the odd occasion when I need boot space you can simply un plug and take the whole system out! Won be quite as good a quality Sub in a custon enclosure matched with a quality amp but you get what you pay for.