Sign in to follow this  
dubrado

my 2.0 16v rado is running on three quarters on the temp ???

had a 1.8 valver for just over a year now it has never budged over half way on the temp gauge no matter how hard or light its driven, since then i have just bought a 2.0 16v one but ever since i had it on day one it as ran at about 3 quarters high on the temp gauge, but i dont know if this is normal, anyways, i am just waiting for tomorrow while i hand over £600 for a replaced head. new gasket water pump, power steering belt, head bolts thermostat starter motor mid section exhaust and a few other bits along the way, and it is still running at the same temp I just cant understand it, and obviously having spent all i have on gettin it right I dont want the same to happen again, the car itself is an absolute minter i picked it up dirt cheap but now i feel lke its kickin me in the teeth, PLease can somone help me

Same here. Mine sits at about 70 out of town and rarely gets above 110 even stuck in traffic. Do you know if anyone stuck any Radweld in there at any point? That's been know to clog things up to a point that the temps go up.