Sign in to follow this  
Riley

Different spoiler problem,please help me sort this for good

Ok guys heres the problem,

The spoiler used to be intermittent with speed,always worked on the switch.

New relay jobbie and it worked at speed for a while :D

But now...

If i have the lights on,it dosnt come up at speed,or it sort of jumps up and down.

And ! sometimes lights on or off,it dosnt come up at speed unless i stab the throttle over 45mph :? !

Ive gone through all engine bay earths,tailgate wiring,the new relay,even a new speed sensor in the gear box :?

Any idea's guys?

Neil.

sort of jumping up and down would indicate to me that the relay is switching one way then the other as if there isn't enough voltage.............

Sounds plausable m8,where would i start looking?

It does seem worse if i have plenty leccy bits turned on...

Its really annoying me now,i keep putting it up with the switch everytime i drive just so it dosnt look p|ssed :(

What components are there in the set up?

the control module.

the switch.

does the speed sensor in the gearbox actually have anything to do with it?

anything else? like on the clocks themselves etc etc?

Cheers,Neil. :)

The clocks send a signal out to the spoiler control module, so they do play a big part in the spoiler operation.

Your issue doesn't sound like a clock issue though to be fair, but if you like I can have a look at them??

Cheers Mrb,would that involve sending the clocks to you? would you know what to look at?

Its still doing it :(

Whats weird is that i can trundle along at over 45mph or more without the spoiler coming up,but if i let off the throttle and stab it back down again,the spoiler comes up :?

Or if i just plant the throttle,it comes up...

Would love to have it working reliably...only thing thats not working at the moment! :lol:

Oh,what about the sensor in the gear box? nowt to do with it?

Neil.

Didn't want to create new topic -so here's the problem:

Spoiler worked perfectly - till yesterday... I've just started the car and spoiler came up - now its rised and not moving down when pushing spoiler control button... What might be the problem? -The button, relay, sth else?...

Hi there if your still having probs with your spoiler you might want to check the micro switches under the cover behind the manual control knob which is a spline fit so just needs a good pull to remove it, then its just a case of removing the black cover by undoing the 3 bolts and the various clips round the outside that hold it in place. Make sure the 2 racks that drive the spoiler dont fall out as its upside down if done on the car. With the cover removed there should be 2 blue oblong shaped micro switches. To test them just press on the white nylon button if it clicks its ok if not then that could be the problem. They can be fixed but this is only a short term solution and quite fiddley. The cost for the unit from VW is about £270 but im sure if you go to a place like maplin they might be able to help or an electrical wholesaler. Hope this helps. Ade. P.S this is alot easier when the whole thing is removed from the car.