Sign in to follow this  
vduben1

new boy with a lil bush problem!!

got a full set of polys, but came to look at the wish bone ''ufo'' type bush and noticed it doesnt fit in the sub frame, it has a horseshoe type locator for the wish bone bush, the bushes say mk2 gti, which the others fit but this bush wont, have they sent me the wrong bush for that part, do i need mk 3 golf bushes for the subframe mounted wishbone mounts????? the mk2 golf bush fits in but the horse shoe part is pressing into the bush,

any help would be great

in what way does it not fit? is the steel tube in the centre of the bush too wide for the horseshoe shaped recess or is the tube too long? also what model corrado do you have? not sure but i think the early g60's and 16v's use the same as the golf but vr's might be different.

I used mk2 bushes on my vr6, you need to be 100% sure the wishbone is at the correct angle so it can slide into the horseshoe. Raise hub so wishbone is parallel with subframe

in what way does it not fit? is the steel tube in the centre of the bush too wide for the horseshoe shaped recess or is the tube too long? also what model corrado do you have? not sure but i think the early g60's and 16v's use the same as the golf but vr's might be different.

wel its a 91 16v,

the bush fits in far too tightly, i have to push it in with some force(not located in the wishbone yet)

it seems like when there is weight on the car the horseshoe bit would press against the bush and perish it in time?????

wel its a 91 16v,

the bush fits in far too tightly, i have to push it in with some force(not located in the wishbone yet)

it seems like when there is weight on the car the horseshoe bit would press against the bush and perish it in time?????

A bush thats too tight?!

Dude how did you get on with this? I found this when fitting mine, gave up as I thought damage to subframe meant horseshoe gap was compressed?