CrazyDave

Crazy Daves Bog Standard 16v :)

Dave - you did look worried when you arrived at UD and looked at the paintwork on yours - the lighting there is very strange - really shows up dirt, marks etc but as soon as a car is clean it becomes really flattering to paintwork - the Dodo wax really did the business on yours, really brought the metallic flake out - let me know if you ever want to try the Double Wax, I've got more than enough going spare

She looks absolutely superb- stunning in fact! 8) Looks like U-Dubs was a good show- may have to go next year.

So, when are you getting the KWs then?

Cheers guys.

I did leave the bonnet up all day, cos then you can't see the front edge that looks like it's had an encounter with a shot blasting machine :lol: and my car does look rather dull unless you can see the turbo lovelyness :)

The metal polish Andy let me try was amazing, the charge cooler has never looked so bright. Mmm double wax eh, theres more to this show stuff than meets the eye. It's not till I looked at the photos that I realised everybody else had cleaned the threads on the tyres as well as the side walls :?

The brakes are on the list Kev, those AP's are something else, so think the 15" rims will have to go. Need a set of tyres soon anyway :) More expense :( KW's even more expense :( gonna have to wait for a bit.

I loved your engine bay Dave! leave the bonnet up always! and it was real good to meet up with yourself and others,just wish i had more time to chat,but i had to leave early for the trip home and to drop my mates off on the way back :(

But i will be attending more shows this year so will catch up some more!

Man, another classy classic green VR. I've been shamed into giving mine some much-needed TLC.

My Storm also has N516 at the start of the reg. Wonder if that's just coincidence, or did many CG VRs have that reg?..

Man, another classy classic green VR. I've been shamed into giving mine some much-needed TLC.

My Storm also has N516 at the start of the reg. Wonder if that's just coincidence, or did many CG VRs have that reg?..

Thanks, my cars never been called classy before :D

I've not seen another N516 Corrado yet, could be from the same dealer perhaps? Blocks of reg numbers used to be allocated to dealers for new cars. I'll dig out the info from my car history folder.

Got any pics or a gallery :?

Thanks, my cars never been called classy before :D

I've not seen another N516 Corrado yet, could be from the same dealer perhaps? Blocks of reg numbers used to be allocated to dealers for new cars. I'll dig out the info from my car history folder.

Got any pics or a gallery :?

I got mine in England, but can't remember the town/dealer it was sold from new. Should check the history also.

Will start a gallery next week (it's only taken me three years :lol: ), on holiday and giving the car a first wash in.. :oops: months.

Had a ride out in this car today...Very fast and stock smooth round town what more could you want...seriously impressed!

Thanks for the coffee Dave :)

Graham

New thermostat on the valver. Decided that when the car still isn't up to temperature after driving 60 miles from Worcester to Gaydon the other week that it might not be working very well. Much better now, fuel economy looks like it's better too :)

MOT time for the VRT, always dread this after all the mods that have gone on. But no worries, MOT man was very happy even in decat state. Emissions a little high as a result but still within limits :)

Thanks for the complement Graham. Made up my mind about going for a new standard clutch and flywheel, so thats the next job. Should make it a really pleasant and easy drive then.

Result- nice one, Dave 8) Always a relief to get it through- didn't think you'd have a prob though, knowing how well the VRT is looked after ;) Must be running very well to get through the emissions test without the cat :salute:

It is really close to the limit and I did have a cat lined up to fit if it needed it. Decided to just throw it in for a test and see how it got on. The MOT just happens to fall just before Stanford Hall and I really did't want to miss that especially this year with 50 Corrados!!!

It has chewed through a pair of Toyo-Proxes T1S in 5k miles though :oops: maybe a bit too much 'pootling' :lol:

Thanks for the complement Graham. Made up my mind about going for a new standard clutch and flywheel, so thats the next job. Should make it a really pleasant and easy drive then.

Good opportunity to fit a LSD, when doing the clutch/flywheel :wink:

Glad you passed your MOT, Can be a right headache if it fails.

It has chewed through a pair of Toyo-Proxes T1S in 5k miles though :oops: maybe a bit too much 'pootling' :lol:

Nice one Dave glad she got through for another year, don't suppose you fancy 'pootling' along to Stanford again? :lol:

Nice one Dave glad she got through for another year, don't suppose you fancy 'pootling' along to Stanford again? :lol:

Sure do Dave! Good to hear your still about :)

Current plan seems to be that CazzaVR and Vornwend are running up the M5 from Bristol way and stopping off at Worcester, most likely at or near my place. I'll give you a shout a bit nearer the time.

Antonio... are you reading my mind? :D

Go on Dave, you know you want to :luvlove:

I think in was Corozin (John) who said, "you haven't really driven a front wheel drive car until you've tried one with an LSD" and he was definately right. Thanks for a drive in yours Gary, MK2 VR6 is an awesome combination. So well sorted and handled really well, think my brain was trying to get out of my ear when you gave it some around that island :D

I couldn't resist posting a few pics after all my efforts preparing to Stanford Hall. Enjoy!

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSC_00990001.JPG[/attachment:28lalwsh]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC_01000001.JPG[/attachment:28lalwsh]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC_01010001.JPG[/attachment:28lalwsh]

DSC_01020001.JPG[/attachment:28lalwsh]

Another car that'll be showing me up at stanford! Looking beautiful as usual Dave. :notworthy:

I think in was Corozin (John) who said, "you haven't really driven a front wheel drive car until you've tried one with an LSD" and he was definately right. Thanks for a drive in yours Gary, MK2 VR6 is an awesome combination. So well sorted and handled really well, think my brain was trying to get out of my ear when you gave it some around that island :D

No worries Dave, good to have feeedback on all the hard work over the years :grin:

Saw your car at Stanford, looked very clean 8)