Sign in to follow this  
JBOB

Passat help !!

Not sure if this is the right section as its a Passat :lol:

Ive been out in my g/f's '01 Passat this morning and found that the centre LCD screen isn’t working :roll: It usually shows mpg, warns you of open doors and low fuel level etc

My first thought was that there might be a bulb behind the screen that’s gone but im not sure how the LCD's in the Passat work :lol: Then I realised that the really annoying beep you get when it warns you of something has also gone :D + :roll: :lol:

Any ideas ??

Cheers

That’s the first thing I looked for but cant find a fuse for it :roll: I took the cover off the fuse box and there’s nothing that’s shows a fuse for it. Im looking for the manual now but as usual Ive no idea where she’s put it :lol:

Not sure if it's the same on the Passat but on my S3 if you "press and release" the Reset button rather than "press and hold" it switches off the display. The S3 button is under the right stalk if that's any help?

Cheers,

Tony

Just to lighten things up a bit, obvious it's a woman's car, mine always looks like this when my wife lends it back to me!

Not sure if it's the same on the Passat but on my S3 if you "press and release" the Reset button rather than "press and hold" it switches off the display. The S3 button is under the right stalk if that's any help?

Cheers,

Tony

Thanks for the help but ive just tried that and still nothing :roll: :lol:

Just to lighten things up a bit, obvious it's a woman's car, mine always looks like this when my wife lends it back to me!

Tell me about it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ive just checked every fuse behind the panel on the side of the dash and they are all fine :( there must be more fuses somewhere !!! Anyone know where ?

Don't if it'd show up on VAG-COM, it seems to check everything. :? If you want it scanning let me know as I'm only in Holmfirth

Don't if it'd show up on VAG-COM, it seems to check everything. :? If you want it scanning let me know as I'm only in Holmfirth

Thanks Nick. Im gonna have a look again tomorrow then ill give you a shout if thats ok 8)

Its still under warranty with the garage in Cleckheaton but its getting time to go over there and let some monkey try to figure it out :lol:

My g/f has just called me at work apparently its all working again :lol: :lol:

It wasn’t working late lastnight !!

Bloody cars :roll: :roll:

and I still hadn’t put any petrol in it either :lol: