Sign in to follow this  
morgsVR6

Wheel/Tyre Size - Quick Query

Ive got a 95 vr6 thats been dropped 40mm all round

Been offered a set of brock b2's size 17x8.5 et35

Does anyone know of top of their head if they will fit my C?

They come with tyres size 225/45ZR17 - im thinking these will be too big??

These may seem like obvious questions but im new to the scene so would appreciate if anyone could set me straight!

Cheers

i'm running 17x 7.5 et 35 on mine lowered 40mm and on heavy braking on full lock it just and i mean just touches the inner arch vr's have a wider track so the front inner arch may not be a problem but the outer rear arch would

also 225/45 17's give too high a rolling radius you need 205 40 17 too keep the speedo reading ok and the gearing as it should be

Rob

8.5 is pretty wide mate but with just a 40mm drop you shouldn't get too many issues with that offset (et35).

Tyres are wrong for the C though - you need more like 205/40/17 or maybe a 215/40/17 seeing as they're 8.5 wide.

It would look mean as fek as the wheels will be right out at the edge of the arches :)

It all depends on your suspension though? Mine is very hard so there is very little suspension travel and therefore not much rubbing/catching.

OK Cheers for that, I thought the wheels might look pretty good but thought the tyres would be too big

What are you guys opinions generally on fitting these wheels on my c?

Good idea/bad idea?!?

Presumably some work would be required so be interested in whether you think it's worth the bother for these wheels??

You may also run into issue's of fouling on your calipers mate, i was running et30 b2's in a 9x16 and had to grind away at my calipers as the spokes caught slightly!! Sweet wheels tho and easy to clean without having to take them off!!! :lol:

You may also run into issue's of fouling on your calipers mate, i was running et30 b2's in a 9x16 and had to grind away at my calipers as the spokes caught slightly!! Sweet wheels tho and easy to clean without having to take them off!!! :lol:

Yeah but they also seem to get dirty quicker :shock: :lol:

I now have Bendy's old Brocks and the et30's dont fit over the calipers but mine are 16's so 17's might be ok although et35 will be even closer so you may still get issues i reckon. I need to grind mine down so Ben i will be looking at your asap really :D

Oh and the tyres are far too big, i have 215/40's on my 9's and they catch so ideally you would want 205/40's.

Rob.