Sign in to follow this  
brian g60 corrado

what is biggest or best f.m.i.cooler.

hi all was wondering what is the most effective front mount intercooler to go for as a conversion.shoud i go get the biggest one i can find at a scrapy

or get one from a golf g60 or rally ect. any advice would be appretiated. 8)

Saab 9000 IC from a junkyard is big and good and metal, nearly as good as the Cossie 2wd IC if that's any indication.

Skye

intercooling is not like sex

ie. the bigger it is DOES NOT necessarily mean the better it is. A really big IC may cool the charge air effectively but conversely may induce a huge pressure drop negating the effects of the IC or even the SC altogether.

I use to good effect the Audi RS2 intercooler in conjunction with the Corrado RS2 front bumper. This intercooler is of the highest quality and is made by Behr. It is all alloy construction so takes modification to the end caps well. The best part is however that this i/c new from the dealer is under £250, mods need to added to this cost as would the RS2 front for a total price. End result however is pleasing front end facelift, tailor made location for the intercooler smack bang in prime air flow, two additional air vents for oil cooler / brake ducting, and the number plate stays put without ending up looking like an add on. Would be happy to give anyone thinking of going this route further info as required. This is a DIY mod with a little bought in asstance from local engineering / bodyshop. Something to do over the long Winter months and a new look for 2004 season :lol: