Sign in to follow this  
Deluk

motoring enjoy it or hate it

i must say i am swinging from injoying to hateing it all to expensive things ,all the other cars, vans, buses, lorrys,and insurance comps , tax ... all this for one word

FREEDOM!

is it worth it?

Deluk

Its just not like it used to be...and it will never be so good again. :cry:

I remember when my mum/dad used to argue,and my dad and me would jump in the manta and just go drive sideways...they were the days man.

You can still get it. Its great fun if you get up early to go to a show over the summer.

We're normally on the road by 7:30 - and obviously the roads are deserted and in your rear view mirror you just see a bunch of Corrado's.. its always how driving should be and it proves its still out there.. you just need to be willing to get up a wee bit early to enjoy it! :)

Nah, not keen, cars suck. Having just spent the summer on a bike I can't say I'm a fan of sitting in traffic. My car takes me to work and back. That's pretty much it.

Nah, not keen, cars suck. Having just spent the summer on a bike I can't say I'm a fan of sitting in traffic. My car takes me to work and back. That's pretty much it.

You'll change your tune once winter sets in.

It all depends on what you expect from a car.

I'm in the fortunate position to not need a car for daily use, hence I tend to view a car more as a pure pleasure object, which I use only on sunny weekends during summer. That way you also avoid all the idiots clogging up the roads during weekdays, and certainly get more fun out of driving.

During work I do have to spend a lot of time in traffic jams in the company van, so know what it's like to deal with the everyday situation, and yes, it drives me insane sometimes.

First off, get those b*stard lorries with their useless wares off the roads and back onto the rails again. Read in the ADAC mag that the German minister for traffic and all will stick to the German lorry ban on Sundays and holidays. Reason? Sundays and hols are meant for families to go out on trips. Too right, those are also the days to take out the Roccos and Rado, so I, too, don't want lorries on those days :-)

Tempest

I used to enjoy it 10yrs ago, but now the roads are just too busy. The work commute I *hate*, though half term does make it less of a chore.

Very rarely do I geta good driving experience :-(

... track days are my only hope.

I used to enjoy it 10yrs ago, but now the roads are just too busy. The work commute I *hate*, though half term does make it less of a chore.

Very rarely do I geta good driving experience :-(

... track days are my only hope.

on the nail

Deluk

You'll change your tune once winter sets in.

Not so I'm afraid. The winter just makes it worse because the traffic moves even slower. I don't go far enough for using the bike to be a problem.