Sign in to follow this  
Riley

Drilling fuel tank to empty it

Anyone know if there's a best place to drill a hole on the bottom to empty it fully?

Dont think you can get a pipe in to syphon em can ya?

Cheers,Neil. :)

Is there not a best place though? in fact around the pick up probably best?

i want my moneys worth outta this pile a sh|t...

Now I may be being a little thick here but isn't drilling a petrol actually quite dangerous, single spark and the whole thing will go up

not if its got liquid in it and its the liquid you drill into,its the vapour thats highly inflammable,tho chances are it'll be a plastic tank

A mate of mine has had his fuel nicked a few times! each time a hole has been drilled into the plastic tank.

Partly the reason for asking though,not sure whats inside the tanks metal wise and where it is...

edit:ahhh,may not have to be so careful then?

Now I may be being a little thick here but isn't drilling a petrol actually quite dangerous, single spark and the whole thing will go up
haha yes it is quite dangerous, y do u need the petrol so bad ? sounds like alot of trouble to go through.

i hope ur not sum1 i`ve cut up and ur really talking about drilling my car... :D

Ill just go steady away with the battery drill,reckon im best drilling roughly around where the pick up is? ill remove it first anyway...

Dave_p...nah :lol:

Its just a corrado i was breaking,but nobody wants the bits....so today ive filled it with whats left,full interior plastics/bonnet/doors/sunroof/v,v,v low shocks and springs...all sorts! a few hundred quids worth really.

But i cant be ar$ed with it so its getting scrapped.

Just want the optimax out of it :lol:

u tried e-baying the plastics and just making money on the PnP??........seems a bit of a waste of interior bits..........try awesomecorrado on here he might take them off yer hands and just pay the PnP so it'll cost ya bu66er all

Aye,tried ebay with various bits... :(

I have kept the odd thing on one side,like the gear lever knob and boot...i dont know why :lol:

I just need rid tbh,dont have the time or the patience for car bits anymore.

Theres even a 2.0 16v cable change box got thrown in there (slight crunch into 5th/low on oil?)...but nobody wanted it for £40 quid so its going :o

Aye,just there's no loom in the car and i have no 12v supplies at the unit...

Suppose i could pop the battery off mine and run the pump off that though.

Neil.

do you happen to still have a passenger interiour door sill in black? how about a black cover for where the front seatbelts bolt up, also in black. If you do then we can surely arange something.

just drill the lowest point ...hardly difficult is it

Nope,but i dont want to die,just thought id see if there was any reason not to do it too.

ill av the fuel pump if its still there?

Sorry m8,not selling anything from it now,ill be keeping bits like that as spares for mine.

Neil.

Nope. Petrol isn't flammable in liquid form as rodders said. And bear this in mind.....the connections for the petrol pump and float sender are all open and submersed in petrol......and the car hasn't blown up has it?! ;-)