Sign in to follow this  
kalv

ODB port on auto VR6..

Yep by the gaitor. Lift the cover up from the back but ensure you slide the gear indicator strip back in on each side when you put it back and check that it slides smoothly.

checked and got an OBDII port - banged in my reader (OBDII portable unit - £30 from germany) and it read everything (engine/AT) but gave error message on ABS - couldn't read it...

Do you reckon this could be due to the fact the car is OBDI (but has later OBDII port) and my reader is only designed for OBDII cars..?

Arent most of the newer models OBDII ports anyway?

What do you mean by you couldnt read it mate? Take a screen shot when you do the reading and post it on here to see if it can be deciphered.

Sorry, the DTC reader just displayed an "Error" message when I selected "Read ABS". The notes say: switch ignition off, remove reader and insert again and turn ignition on. Tried this and still get an "Error" message - it's as if it can't communicate with it.. which is why I asked can an OBDII reader talk to an OBDI ECU through an ODBII port on my late VR6?