Sign in to follow this  
iggi

dizzy lead order, and mixture screw

as i look at the distributor on a 16v, starting top left and goin anti clockwise, what order are the plug leads. been told 2 different! also the dam mixture screw ontop of airbox. which way is richer, which is leaner??? any help. cheers!

Look on the distributor body top edge with the cap off and you will see a small notch, which is number one. Put the cap back on and look for the lead that corresponds to that notch and then follow the arrow on the outside of the distributor body in the firing order 1, 3, 4, 2. If someone has told you 1, 4, 3, 2, that is for the flat four motor. The mixture is enriched by turning the screw clockwise.

Not if it's a 2E2 Pierburg carb!

Another one to add to the swear filter...

Not on here please Steve! - thats got to be one of the worst bits of kit fitted by VW on a car...

Sorry for the cheeky thread high jack...

...is the screw that also has a 6mm hex head on it on the back of the G60 throttle body a mixture screw or an idle screw?

I've been fiddling with it and am not sure whether I should have done now! :oops:

...is the screw that also has a 6mm hex head on it on the back of the G60 throttle body a mixture screw or an idle screw?

I've been fiddling with it and am not sure whether I should have done now! :oops:

its the idle.....ajusted with the bts disconected

its the idle.....ajusted with the bts disconected

bts....is that blue temp sensor?

If so...hurrah... I did it properly! :)

Cheers! :)