Sign in to follow this  
Riley

Fecking car !!!!!!!!!! :evil: battery

/boot light?A while ago i got a flat battery out of the blue one morning,ever since then it wasnt quite right.Went flat a few times.

Bought £50 feckin quids worth of new bosch battery,13.8 volts coming from the alternater which also has a new voltage regulator.

Its totally dead again :mad:

I do leave the drivers window down every night in the garage,just habit.

Anything to do with it?

And if it is,how sh|t is that? :mad:

Check the boot light is switching off. A defective switch caused my battery to go flat too, so I just took the bulb out as the switch is buried in the latch somewhere.

Yeah just pull out the parcel shelf and close the boot..... you'll know if the light is staying on ;-) If it is, it will kill the battery in about a day for a small one, and 2-3 days for a big one.

Once a car battery has been flattened, it will never recover properly. Unlike a leasure battery, that is designed to be flattened......but heavy draw, like starting a car, will kill those. You can get dual purpose batteries that are good for both (used in boats, where the battery starts the engine, and provides cabin power), but they aint that cheap. Probably a long term saving if, like mine, the Corrado is a "Sunny Day" car, and sits for long periods.

Phil

When is the boot light supposed to come on,dosn't seem to be working at all :?

Ive really had enough of this car today,its totally fecked my whole day up :(

Ive left the car parked up over night with the window fully up a couple times now,been fine since :?

Ps:when should the boot light come on? and where is the switch for it?

Cheers,Neil. :)

Hi Riley,

The switch for the boot light works of the actual boot latch, you can test to it by forcing it closed with your finger or a screwdriver, just remember to press the boot opener button before you try slamming back down though!

This situation happened also on my 2nd Corrado.

I thought thas it was the boot switch aswell (like on the 1st one).

For my surprise, i found out that the boot light was always on...

But... :!:

It wasn´t the swicth!

One of the bulb support was twisted and always in contact with the car ground. :lol:

It might be the boot swicth! But don´t forget to check this issue! 8)

i have had this problem for the past 5 years, took the boot light bulb out, had the AA test eveything, bought a ridiculously expensive optima yellowtop battery, replaced the alternator and i still get 2 days charge max out of a new battery!! it is the bain of my life, the corrado is a second car so when the sun decides to shine and i want to go for a spin i have to spend half an hour starting it coz its sooo flat. Where do i look for this twisted shorting wire please KONGO127?