Sign in to follow this  
samg60

DTA ignition MAP

Yeah the 8V box is a little on the weak side.....tiny input shaft for all that torque you're putting through it!

100 in 5th! No top end tussles for you then! :lol: I bet it gets to 100 darn quick though with ratios like that!

I'm using the stock VR box with Quaife and G60 final drive, which has held up to ~ 340lb/ft for about 8000 miles now. The G60 crown wheel is starting to whine a bit too!

Mine gives 90 at 4000rpm, so quite nice ratios for low boost midrange.

Ideally I want the 02M in there, but like you, it's time and money....

gearboxes - that could start another thread... *must ... resist ... asking ... about ... gearboxes ...* ahhh

Junkie, what is your Water compensation table like? I know mine's a 6 pot, but the below settings work great for me. I've set the cold cranking fuel so that the motor spins 3 or 4 times to build up oil pressure before firing and when the engine is warm, it fires on the key instantly.

Also, if your lambda is kicking in too early, it will pull out all the cold fuelling, so I set my lambda to switch on at 60 deg water temp and to wait 90 seconds before engaging when hot starting.

The start fuel map is temp along the columns and crank revolutions in the rows.... there's 10% enrichment at 50 deg, that's what fires the motor on the key when hot 8)

I tend not to look into the map as i dont wanna make anything worse.

Looks like yours uses windows as well, been the older haltech it uses DOS so takes longer giving the DOS commands to get my head round it all.

When warm its not a problem like yours it will fire 1st time, just when stone cold its very easy to flood the engine and if i do then obviously it takes a couple of cranks to get going.

Now i have no ISV so i need to on start up manually choke with the throttle, which is not a problem to me but what i find strange is on 1st cold start cranking i can keep cranking over and over and it will not try to fire at all if its quite cold outside ambient and sometimes the same when its a nice day, sometimes will fire straight away if warm ambient, anyway why does it do this on the 1st no matter how long i leave it cranking over.

You should make the top row of your fuel table at 100% throttle extremely lean, almost no fuel at all. That way, if you do flood the engine, simply floor it and crank it over and will clear itself. Row 1 @ 100% is not a cell you'll see on the road driving it, so that's no probs.

If it starts when warm and not when cold (outside) that means your start fuelling is too lean. The warmer the air, the less fuel the engine needs. What's probably happening is the initial cranking fuel is not quite enough and you're continually turning it over and then it floods. It's quite a tricky map to get right and you should learn how to map rather than putting up with it and relying on other people to fix it for you ;-)