Sign in to follow this  
joby

BMW M3

Ive Just Driven my mates 53plate M3 what a car its been de restricted and does 175mph (private road obviously) I couldnt believe the awesome power this thing had especially in sport mode you find it hard to drive with the traction off i just had it sideways all the time even with the traction on i kicked the tail out going down a slip road in 3rd has anyone ever driven one on here i have read a couple of posts where people on have given an M3 a run for the money with a VR6 I find that hard to believe ! What an awesome car but it should be for £27000 i suppose....

I drove a friends M3 quite frequently, he sold it after 6 months as it was so boring to drive - to have fun you had to be driving at stupidly high speeds. Theres plenty of other cars I'd have for the money

Always wanted to drive an M3.. every time I see a new one go past, I just like to stop and listen to the gruff and whiny engine note.. oddly they're just one of those cars that i've never seen being thrashed - 316i's yes, M3's no! Go figure!

I love the E30 M3. What a car. Never had one myself, but my mate from Jersey had a totally sorted one with some quality suspension upgrades.

Best handling car I've ever been in. Not been in the new one though.

Andy665 i agree i think it could get boring after a while but thanfully i drove it stupidly for the short time i was in it :twisted:

Frien of mine had one for 3 months, sold it and got a Nobel, i loved the M3 and am really thinking about getting one as my next car, he was bored by it, and drove his Pug 205 Gti more than the M3!

I have driven several and really rate them highly.

First time about 17 years ago - brand new, then had one over a weekend a year later and finally the last drive of one about 5 years ago. Awesome.

One of the best cars for handling as far as I am concerned.

But then, I was always been in a position to 'drive them hard', so don't know about them getting boring. Would like to own one (amongst several other cars of course), just to see if I could get bored.

Also not driven the new one.

Agree with Double-6s...The E30 M3 is the Dogs Doodahs! Think the early ones came with indicators which is a plus!

Ah yes, but the indicators weren't actually connected up mate! :)

I found the opposite actually I drove my mates 53 plate M3 back from TVR in Blackpool (after he picked up his T350 :twisted: ) and I was really disappointed, the traction control made me feel very remote from the driving experience, I'm not very used to driving modern cars but it felt like someone else was in control, "you can't have the power just yet, not yet.....NOW you can have it!"Shiiiiii...... He's now got an M3 CSL, now that is an absoloute beast, completely different car, most uncomfortable seats I've ever sat in though.

Yea my dad's got a 52 M3, it goes well but you its horrible to drive round town, it needs to be driven harder, my dad doesnt really care that much about it he even lets my gf drive it now and then......