Sign in to follow this  
Dfish

autox car

The people at the integra forum kicked out my post when I asked this can you guys help me? What car generally has better sucess corrado (g60 or vr6) or a integra gs-r in autox

thanks,

david

haha! most the people in there are kids who saw fast and the furious too many times. they think their riced out cars are fast and it's funny to be an a**hole (well, it is) but there are some knowlegable people that know their stuff. anybody know from experince what faster in autoX?

I know of someone who uses a mk2 golf in 8v and 16v form, but not either of what u mension. I saw a corrado stock car it was fast.

As far as I know (or as far as the guy I know has told me) he rarely comes out of 2nd gear when he races - is this right? He did have an old 1.8v which he removed the rev limiter from (it was mechanical on the rotar arm - glue it in place). he said he could get 85 in 2nd not sustained or the engine would die, but just in bursts. He changed to the 1.8 16v, but you cant take the limiter off that - so it is not s fast even though it revs higher - what I told him to do is use the 8v box to give him longer ratios - if the wheels are spinning most of the ime it makes no odds even though on the road this would be disgusting.

I cannot give you a straight answer to your question but i would guess the following:

vr6 - Lots torque smoothly delivered throughout the limited range - not really a high reving engine.

G60 - probably similar boat - not so much torque as vrg rev limiter at 6200

The integra probably has poorer (useless) torque through the range but high torque at top end - 8500rpm ish (thinking of civic vti here)

I hope this helps - probably a load of rubbish!

but it pasted 5 minutes for me!

yah, the corrado looks alot better, i figure the g60 and integra would be pretty close, the vr6 might not be as quick.

Well the Integra and the Corrado are both in the same SCCA class G stock so they must be fairly closely matched. Which one is faster, very hard to tell it would probably depend on the driver quite a bit.

Skye