Sign in to follow this  
Bojmobile

How many of us have near original spec Corrados?

but I still see that and the likes of Lupo wipers as just evolving the car still within the VW original idea.

Thats spot on bojmobile, some of thes cars can be 17 years old so i think a bit of modernisation such as wipers,cd/mp3's, headlight looms & maybe a midgies off the 4x4 look are allowed, while essentially keeping the standard look which imo has stood the test of time better than anything else i can think of !!

Well said that man! :thumbleft:

Way I feel about it is - I'll never have owned a brand new Corrado but I'd like mine to feel as close to that as I can manage. If I could have my Corrado perfect it'd be as though it had just come off the production line to look at - with maybe just a couple of wee alterations under the skin - better wiring loom for the headlights, lupo wipers and a few wee chromed interior bits.

I can totally understand the purist view and am full of admiration for nicely kept standard cars, but I subscribe to the OEM+ way of thinking. No irreversible mods carried out on mine (except polished inlet manifold - but that can be replaced) and all original parts retained to put the car back to stock if required. I do think good quality subtle modification really does improve the look and driving experience. If you choose not to improve (mod) I think you are missing out on driving a Corrado which exploits a performance capability of a higher level than standard IMHO. But different strokes........

couldnt agree with you more! well put!

Mines not far off standard either, just a bit lower with RS's which look very similar to the standard G60 BBS. Engines standard apart from a Stage 4 charger.

Mine is pretty much standard too. Lowered a bit, de-locked handles, badgless grille, half tint rear lights, ah. Not that standard after all. I do have steelies on mine though.

My first valver was virtually completely stock - bar a Jetex panel filter and Pioneer head unit! Right down to the original wipers and normal headlight loom.. i'm surprised i'm still here to tell you about it tbh! :lol:

mycar4.jpg

I have a totally standard blue VR with absolutely nothing changed on it at all. As it left the factory (apart from condition).

And a black VR that has one or two subtle mods in the engine and suspension departments ;)

And a black VR that has one or two subtle mods in the engine and suspension departments

Your black VR isnt standard now is it Will??

Not quite mate!

Ok...... one or two subtle mods in the engine, suspension, intake, wheel, brake, exhaust and sunroof departments then! :)

At least you owned up.

I can think of quite a few ways of describing your car but original spec isnt one of them.

Most Corrados on here are tastefully modified.It's the nature of the beast.

A little tweek with the wipers/headlights just makes sense.My own Corrado is separated from the car that left the factory in that it has different wipers.

Plans are to upgrade the headlights so I can see where I'm going,tinted-red rears,RS 301 alloys,job done.

My most hated mod of the Corrado(it has to be said)is the gangsta over-lowering of the suspension,and crystal rears that serve only to make the Corrado look older than it is.

Valver is fiddled with more but looks standard apart from ride height on the outside (Including the wipers and they work just fine).

My new VR is going to go back to standard (just need to loose the in-pro lights) apart from a set of aero wipers on the outside. I intend to fit some 'reliability mods' such as mk 4 rear calipers, braided brake hoses and an oil cooler. (Yes it needs a wash and could use a new front wing too)

maybe it's just a basic shot but...I like it!

My other half has a late pre-Storm VR that is as near to original spec. It's interesting to have it that way as it provides a usefull benchmark to compare power and ride etc. I guess I should sort out some pics (where do the days go), anyway hers is metalic blue/purple with black leather including heated seats etc. Blew the motor so that's been relaced for a similar but otherwise nice example. Exaust is really the bigest diference but in fact even that follows the cut oval OE factory style - just updated a little.

vrfarm.jpg

External - Standard all the way.

Interior - Standard, but change the ICE. The standard Sony head and CD changer is just really bad. Maybe some very subtle mods like Mr Beiges' shift lights, but no more.

Oily bits - Bring it on! 8) Must go better, handle better and stop better than standard.

mine is absolutely standard showroom spec apart from :-

koni coilovers fully adjustable (damping and height)

cat1 laserline

reiger front grill (top lip colour coded)

door handles (colour coded)

rub strips removed

FK smoke/red tail lights

lupo wipers and arms

upgraded h/light loom (H100VW)

s/s magnex cat back exhaust

bmc cda induction kit

BK racing black/chrome 17" wheels

momo steering wheel and gear knob

full black leather interior (inc door cards) heated

car resprayed and shopping trolley dents repaired

new brake discs and pads