Sign in to follow this  
Storm_VR6

Front Wiper Motor + Linkage

Will a Front Wiper Motor + Linkage from a 2.0 16v Corrado fit a VR6?

Can anyone confirm this for sure?

Thanks in advance for your help.

according to ETKA they've all got the same part numbers from chassis no. 50-K-000 001 onwards, which I think is the first RHD corrado, as mine is a 1990 with a chassis no of -L- which is after the ETKA start number.

Thanks you all for your help - Much appreciated

There's one on eBay, few hours to go. Not sure if it's what i need.

Wipers stopped working the weekend, motor's still coming on for sure just not sure if it's lacking power or it may well be a linkage problem.

If I pull back both wiper arms so that wipers are off the screen, they work fine, put them back, they struggle and stop. Took both wiper arms off, just to study the movement in the mechanism and everything seems to work fine but with the wipers on and against the screen, they just don’t work.

Is this a linkage or motor problem?

If they are both available on Ebay and arent costing a bomb then id be tempted just to get the lot.

At least then you know itll be sorted.

Not guaranteed to win the auction Goldie so it'd be good to know for sure.

Secondly, would a Mk3 Golf motor also fit....the MK2 will fit according to searches on here but they are in silver and look a little tatty compared to the black standard ones on the C.

The nuts under the little pop off covers havent worked loose have they?

The round covers on the bottom of the wiper arms...theres one nut on each arm,if they work loose they wont move when under pressure,and the spindles may have worn through them spinning inside the wiper arm.

Neil.

Already checked that mate, I took the arms off completely the put them back on.

I've done a search and have had no luck in finding a guide that shows how to remove complete mechanism? If I took everything out, maybe able to work out the problem...

So wanted to drive my C, rain stopped play....annoying!!!

Come on guys, any other suggestions?

The arms come off then there is a big nut underneath (not very tight) and then one other one that holds the mech to the scuttle - unplug the motor then maneuver it out!

mine did exactly that, was only when wipers were touching the screen the motor wouldn't turn.

i put it down to my motor, but bought new motor and all the linkages and it fixed it, not sure if that much help :lol:

am 99% sure it was the motor as all the linkages were fine and there wasn't any reason for them to get stuck

to get mine out i just undid the nuts and bits at base of wipers (large ones), then the obvious nut and bracket near motor and it just comes out with a bit of wiggling in the right places

Not guaranteed to win the auction Goldie so it'd be good to know for sure.

Secondly, would a Mk3 Golf motor also fit....the MK2 will fit according to searches on here but they are in silver and look a little tatty compared to the black standard ones on the C.

mk3 golf, passat 1988-1997 and transporter 1991-2003 have the same part: 1J0 955 119

Guess it's the motor then, will try and locate one from somewhere. Hope I get one soon otherwise I'll coat my screen with that rainX stuff and drive anyway...

I'd go for a brand new motor, as i tried the cheap fix of a used one off ebay about a month ago, the motor turned out worse than the original!

So done it all again with a brand new motor (GSF), and new linkages from VW. What a difference...

Matt - how much for the motor new?

I'm hoping that when I take it all apart, I’ll find a nut loose in the mechanism or something minor, the motor isn't making funny noises and seems to be working fine... confusing.

Worst case, new motor and new mech at a cost of ??

Will keep u updated - taking it all apart on the weeked.

In the meantime, if anyone has anymore suggestion, please share...

Cheers