Sign in to follow this  
stormchaser

ask for refund,or keep for winter?

Bought bbs sollitude described as 100% mint new powdercoat back to original. paid £280 inc delivery at £35. Found lots of pitted areas front and back also small dent .Not 100% mint in my book. Tyres are are good michelin with 5 mm tread. So are they worth it?

Tough one this, the price isnt bad taking into account tyres and the fact that they are very tidy.

However 100% mint means no marks at all...

alot of money for a sub 100 % product!!!! i'd give them a bell and see what they say, the person might be in a festive mood and send you a bit of cash back!!! always worth a try...

update.. i have pointed out this point to the seller and she has offerd £50 back but she still insists they are 100% mint and blames me for not asking any questions if i wanted them to be perfect. I AM NOW A BIT MAD

they are 100% mint and blames me for not asking any questions if i wanted them to be perfect

100% mint and perfect are the same thing.

£50 cashback is fair but id be tempted to tell her to shove em.

they are 100% mint and blames me for not asking any questions if i wanted them to be perfect

100% mint and perfect are the same thing.

£50 cashback is fair but id be tempted to tell her to shove em.

I am tempted .But not sure if she will offer a refund and also pay all post costs,and is £230 all in a good price for good wheels and tyres? All be it not 100%

The C is in for respray over xmas and wanted mint solitudes to go on.The other option is to keep these and put them on and then get my ones properly refurbed.

tyres cloud the issue and they are michies so worth some money. A proper powder coat refurbs going to cost you at least £30 per wheel and you wont pay much less than £70-100 for these wheels in shabby state. I think £230 would be a much better figure though.

But......... they are not as described though, and if they are not good enough for you its a no brainer because then youll have to pay on top of all this to have them done again!!

I would look very closely at that pitting on the rear and make sure thats not some alloy repair work there from a previous crack or something. Im sure its not but from the pick it looks similar to one i had that had been and is portentailly dangerous! Dont want to put a further downer on your mood but wouldnt want to see you coming unstuck on the move!

can't see how she's mad/p!ssed etc.

100% mint condition = brand new condition (no marks, as new)

its all down to you mate, if your happy with that price for th wheels in that condition then great, if not, get your cash back, as you are in the right, and she isn't

The C is in for respray over xmas and wanted mint solitudes to go on.The other option is to keep these and put them on and then get my ones properly refurbed.

Yep thats the best thing if you wanna keep the car looking standard, crappy wheels for winter shiny ones for summer :wink:

There are few patches like that in varying sizes but in same locations on all 4 wheels and my old wheels have some peeling in same spots so i hope it is just normal water damage.

if your not 100% sure about them then give them back.... but i guess you'll probs end up payin for the postage back!!! as long as the pitting isn't hiding anything sinister then thats not a bad price (with the £50 squid your way,,,, squeeze her for a bit more... £80 squid back would be tasty).....

I think i will try for a bit more tomorrow and threaten with ebay dispute for incorrect description.If she calls my bluff i may get more back,if i lose i will just be £50 worse off.

mmm.. the difference between mint and ebay mint! its a phrase so commonly used now. mint condition should be better than new.

i have a set of solitudes i paid £120 to be powdercoated, which i wouldnt describe as mint, but wouldnt be worth selling for under £200 plus postage, so on that basis, if you get the £50 back, id say is fair.. certainly not great though considering what you expected. slag.

I feel cheated but i was going to get my old ones refurbed later anyway and a few of you seem to think £230 isnt to bad for these.I will try for a bit more off tomorrow and see what happens..... anyone want some nearly almost quite mint wheels,offers over £230 :lol:

as long as they are straight,the tyres are a good make with plenty tread........if someone says mint they should be mint right enough,although it all depends on what you consider mint :?: ,the only way you'll get a showroom finish however is if you buy them brand new.........last time I checked with VW they wanted £160+VAT for ONE BBS solitude..........so I'd say £50 off the original £280 which included delivery did it not??.......is decent enough

as long as they are straight,the tyres are a good make with plenty tread........if someone says mint they should be mint right enough,although it all depends on what you consider mint :?: ,the only way you'll get a showroom finish however is if you buy them brand new.........last time I checked with VW they wanted £160+VAT for ONE BBS solitude..........so I'd say £50 off the original £280 which included delivery did it not??.......is decent enough
it did..

i wouyld send those back hes cheeky trying to pass those as mint they are shabby rims given a coat of paint simple as. and no way should you pay for a single penny of postage etc did you pay by paypal if so then relax your money is a few clicks away!