Sign in to follow this  
RADO.001

bora or passat?

rite my parents are after something to replace my dads rover 820i & my old mk3 golf driver, witch i gave to them when i got my C but dosnt get used (except now the rados off the road).

it got to be TDi (and of course vag if i can help it!), so i said passat tdi 130 (face lift model W reg>) as the bora seem to be way more expensive!? but i dont know alot bout bora's or passats really so some imput would be great.

is there alot between the 100, 115 & 130 tdi's besides a remap on the same engine?

thanks Dave

We have a 130 Passat Estate,cant fault it, not that i drive it much :lol:

Nothing wrong with the Bora but then why not a Golf? much easier loading/unloading the boot with the hatch especially for older folks :wink:

We've got both a Bora and a Passat, neither TDi's. Passat, although it does not look much bigger is massively more spacious. Tbh I don't think you can wrong with either although Boras tend to be bought by older people, less likely to have been company cars and are therefore likely to be lower mileage and better looked after.

Just avoid the Desert Racing Beige though

I hear the 130 TDi has a bigger turbo - hence it's a little less responsive. Not driven either, but thought I'd mention it.

im driving a passat 130 on a 52 plate this weekend, i took it in px this morning. it drives really well.

I would personally definatly get the passat, however, boras do seem to be very cheap.

well im goin to be drivin this car too, as i get a lift to work but need a car in the evenings as the rados still out of action! so i dont mind modin it a little, nothin ott just sum nicer rims, debaged grill & rear, lowerin & mayb a bit on colour codein!?

somthin like the pic below (and i know it blongs to one of u guys..just cant remember whitch :oops: ) mayb in black tho:

I hear the 130 TDi has a bigger turbo - hence it's a little less responsive.
thanks, i hadnt heard that.

bristolbaron since uve been drivin this car this wkend have u noticed this?

If your gona go for a b5.5 Y reg>06 you have to get the sport, the S is just too basic, the SE has a hideous velour interior. The sport comes with 16" alloys, its 15m lower, rides really good, has heated seats and a nice grey/black contrasting interior.

well it look fantastic mate, what engine is urs then?

Petrol Unfortunatly.. but i do really like them and there better inside than a golf/bora in my opinion

havnt seen to many modded examples either, witch is good news.

saves me spendin my cash on a mk1/caddy project, whitch is what everyone seems to be doin at the mo!

Heres mine behind the MK2 Passat, sadly back to stock now but 50mpg and very roomy.

Jan122006001.jpg

thanks for the pics g-man/OSV/Andy665 think it's diffinatly going to be a passat now! all ur cars look sweet, cant wait to get one now!

OSV is urs a TDi then mate? and waht did u do with the A8's?

The car is a 110 TDI Sport, and sadly the A8s have been sold, due to pressure from my darling wife! Youre not messing around with this car too! Admitedly sleeping policemen needed some respect LOL

The 110 is fine, depends how badly you want the extra performamce I beieve you can REVo etc the 110 to in xs of 130-140, but you get even more from a 130 if you go down that route but for me the cost saving on purchase makes the 110 worth it. I bought (stole) mine off my dad for £1500