Sign in to follow this  
Riley

Tyre size info needed please :)

Could someone give me overall dimensions/rolling diameter/width? etc etc...for the following:

standard tyre size of g60 bbs's?

205/40/16.

205/45/16.

215/35/16.

215/40/16.

I have a 92 G60,and i have some 9x16 et15 rims on the way...but im struggling to afford tyres :(

Ive seen some 215/40's at decent money,but from what ive read,its not the ideal size? :(

It would just be good to see the specifics of each size,as i think its very often hard work to get across whether we are talking a few mm here and there or more serious differences...

Cheers,Neil.

Thanks m8,its just that im having the wheels refurbed straight away and although i got them at decent money...its soon mounting up :(

Its money i really shouldn't be spending at the moment as im looking at a house move...

Neil.

Thanks m8. :)

So from my current 195/45's going to a 215/40 there's a difference of -11mm overall circumference.So 5.5mm less??? :? tyre wall at the wheel arch?

Its the width im worried about too,but maybe the 5.5mm less tyre wall will conteract the width a bit? :?

Neil.

Neil i have 215/40's on my 9's and they stick out a hell of a lot more then they will on yours! From what i remember 215/40's are the closest radius to standards. I held mine up against my speedlines and there weren't much in it tbh.

What wheels you got then mate?

Rob.

Cool,cheers Rob :)

Is the vr6 wider track both front and rear then?

Any rubbage with yours Rob? are they et15 all round? cant just remember :oops:

Ill keep quiet on the rims untill they are refurbed i think :oops: ,as they could look horribly wrong :!: hopefully not like!

Neil.

Mine are et15 on the rear and et30 on the front with 3mm spacers so et27. The fronts sit perfect and dont catch at all with the arch lip pushed up. The rears stick out a LOT tho and catch with the arch lip grinded about half way.

I think the vr is wider both front and back because when i saw Mr Beige's 16v with 9's all round, all his were under the arch and were et15 :shock: when i put my et15 on the front of mine it stuck out WAY too much :lol:

Cheers Rob. 8)

Mmmmm,just trying to work out the differences to what ive currently got.

Current:

8jx16 ET27 with 195/45,absolutely no rubbing anywhere ever!

Soon to be:

9jx16 ET15 with 215/40,will there be any rubbing?

confused. :D

I think i may risk it and go for the 215/40's...see how they fit and then if they rub,maybe see if the wheel mounting faces can be machined.Dont want to touch the bodywork really... :(

I'm running 205/40's at the mo and have very few issues with rubbage! Lowered 40mm all round as well. Only reason I'm running 205/40's is that was what was one them when I bought them from the g-man. Not sure if they were the same tyres he had on his C or from when they were on his Mk2??

I am considering going upto 215/40's as they seem to be a closer match though