Sign in to follow this  
JIMMI

JIMMI'S 89F PLATE 16v PRESS CORRADO-RESTORATION COMPLETE

mint!!

i`ll happily cruise around in one of your cars if you`ll do a job on mine!!!!

awesome work mate!!!

Well then its 99.9% finished, ive got 3 very minor little things left to do, fit head unit, new wiper stalk, fit pass wing bump strip then its done !

It passed its mot on friday with flying colours (good job after all the work) the mot tester was loving it said he used to steal them when he was younger which filled me with a lot of confidence !!

The car is gorgeous and looks just like a brand new car, i have yet to clean it properly but as i had to pull it out of the garage today to move some stuff about i thought id take a few piccies.

The work ive done on the car is extensive and i wont go into it here but just about every moving part has been rebuilt and it drives just like it should with no knocks bangs or anything, it drives perfectly straight and is surprisingly quick, it pulled 130mph on friday (on my private test track of course) with ease and pulls strong in all the gears.

I have decided what im gonna do with the car and unfortunatly im gonna sell it, i have far too many cars to be able to use it and my other corrado will be used more, i want to keep the car for the northern meet on the 15th april ill be then advertising the car for sale i think around the 3.5 - 4k mark is its value, it has got to be THE best condition early corrado in the country and it has some of the best history of any corrado out there which will certainly add value and desirability !!

Ill let the foto's do the talking, any comments will be welcome, the next fine day we have ill be giving the car a bit of a cleaning session and ill take some proper foto's then !

Jimmi................

Top Marks there Jimmi, it looks lovely.. Looking forward to seeing it, dont sell it before i get home!!!

Whats with the snow, that had better be gone when i get back...

Awesome work. Really. Would love to see this thing in the metal!

Top Marks there Jimmi, it looks lovely.. Looking forward to seeing it, dont sell it before i get home!!!

Whats with the snow, that had better be gone when i get back...

Snow sucks mate, im doin as little as possible today as its freezin, had to take the GF to work today and used her car. Snow was about 8" here at 730 this morning, BMW's should carry an anti snow device, i.e they shouldnt start if its snowing ! they are dangerous !!

You will see the car mate, im goin to tax it for the meet in april and not advertise it til then as i need to be in a rado for that and with the plans ive got spinning round my head my VR6 aint gonna be ready !

Jim wrote

Awesome work. Really. Would love to see this thing in the metal!

You will one day mate, if i keep ill take it to a few shows and if i sell it im sure it will be an enthusiast who buys it tbh !

Jimmi..........

wow, not seen this thread before, i knew about the car.

but seeing what you have done is amazing, really good job from what i can see.

not bad for a 1989 car :!

Looks really good Jimmi, nice job.

To be really picky the gear knob is not the correct type.

It should be a round knob in the early cars.

Looks really good Jimmi, nice job.

To be really picky the gear knob is not the correct type.

It should be a round knob in the early cars.

Picky is what i like mate ! the car had a momo knob on when i bought it so i put one on from a 1990 16v i was breaking, it is round pretty much the same as the one on my 94VR6 do you have a part no, pic etc of the correct one ??

Jimmi..................

After the car sitting gathering dust since i finished it i have decided the car is best of going to someone who will be able to take it to shows and generally use the car, since i mot'd it in march i havent even moved the car its just sat there, i gave it a bit of a pimping session on saturday so i could grab some pics ill show them below. Ive stuck the car up on PISTONHEADS for sale and submitted a for sale thread on this forum as i'd love someone from here to come and buy it !! I am looking for around £4000 for the car and i'd take a part ex. I dont need the money so if it doesnt sell ill keep it and lock it away in a barn !!

PS since the foto's where took ive fitted a period blaupunkt head unit along with new pedal rubbers and a brand new old stock gearknob

Jimmi................

Looking good...

I saw an advert for this car in an old CCGB Sprinter magazine today..

It had 120k on the clock at the time...

Ill get in touch with KIP and see if he can run off a copy as it would be a nice item to have in the history folder...

There was also a photo of all the 9 press car lined up...