Sign in to follow this  
VRTrickster

What causes this to happen ?

I was just wondering about something that has happen a few times when giving my car some welly. At high revs in second suddenly there seems to be no life from the engine, either not firing due to no spark or fuel! It sort of feels a bit like the clutch slipping, but you would smell it, or the wheels spinning, but you would hear and feel it.

I was just wondering if this is linking to my lumpy idle and stalling?

When my clutch was slipping i didn't smell anything, It did go soon after however and it sounds like you won't buy the clutch idea.

Since having your work of art head + all the other stuff do you need to uprate injectors etc to cope with the free flowing flowing head?

The clutch has only done 30k. I doubt that its got enough torque now to start slipping !

I meant the engine felt like it does when spinning, no power transfer if you know what I mean ?

Im going to ring Vince today and explain my running problems before I take it to him.

Mine did something similar when the CV joint went. Revs up but hardly has any power transfer. Sounds much the same as a slippy clutch or when I'm spinning the wheels up on a wet road (ie not really getting anywhere - he he)