Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

TomTom Satnav

It's text-to-speech, not voice to text ;)

Means it says "Turn left onto High Street" rather than just "Turn left"

Can even read out your text messages and stuff too..

It's part of the software on the TomTom 910.

If got it lifted off a 910, then bought a larger SD card so I could run it on my 510.

Only problem being if you upgrade your firmware to v6.5, it knows you don't have a 910, so doesn't let you use the TTS.

Hence one card with 6.1 on it, and TTS.

And the other, original, with 6.5 which you need to use TMC receiver.

kk, got ya.

I'll sort them out when I get 2 secs :)

cheers buddy

I bought a TT 1 last year and it's been faultless since, so I think it's just the recent batch of them that are defective. Stick with it though as it's very good to use and dead reliable. I've done 1000s of miles all over the country with mine and it's never faltered.

Camera database sounds good, I'll have to get that!

exactly what I thought, and before the Truvelo was there they had one of the first Gatsos (1994ish), so they've only had a camera there for over 12 years

Ah yeah I remember getting an Alfa gunned by the Gatso when I had my Cabrio.

He'd been trying to race me from Wheatley all the way to Thame, all over my boot lid like a rash. So Top roundabout, I ease off let him through then floor it again to get him going quick, and then jumped on the brakes!

Two flashes and 3 points on your licence matey!

The joy of local knowledge! :lol:

If anyone wants a further 10% of the PC World prices of Sat Nav over £200 (for free delivery orders only) go to their website and when checking out enter the discount code "satnav10off"

Works out you can get the TomTom 510 with the Traffic module for £215.28 to your door :D

gonna get mine replaced, its patchy about turning on, tried the reset thing, but it keeps doing it >:\

I got hold of a copy of TT5 software with full European maps (good old torrents!) and run it on an Ipaq. Ipaq was £50 second hand, and the GPS reciever was about £40, so all in for £90 (and I can do other useful stuff with it too :D ). Bargain really, but probably time to start looking for TT6.

All in all its a great bit of kit, even if you know the way, its just good to know where the cameras are (courtesy of Pocketgps.co.uk) and what speed you are actually doing. We have had the odd "Rural" route now and then though!

Phil

New TomTom from PC World, lost the reciept but that didn't seem to be a problem, they didn't even check the box, even when I asked them to, they trust me apparently :lol:

Anyone need a TomTom carry case or activatation code? ;)