Sign in to follow this  
mattman g6o

mk5 golf intercooler

im looking for a front mounted intercooler seen one of these and was wondering if anyone knows if i would be able to get it to fit me c?

heres a pic of it.

I bought one of these a while ago after I saw a guy selling one on ebay he said he had one the same fitted to his c, I asked him to send me some pictures of it fitted but he never got back to me. Apparently the car needs slight modification to get it in.

Going to have a go fitting mine next week so will let you know if it goes in!

It is a bit thin, but it doesn't have a lot of boost air to cool down :-)

Thinner ICs with low boost are good at dissipating heat though, but it's the plastic end cans that are more of a concern as mentioned above!

A lot of MK5 GTI owners are binning the stock IC in favour of all alloy ones from Forge motorsport etc.

i think the mk5 ones are to big in the hight plus the plastic end caps make it difficult to modifly and jabba's are too exspensive. and the sprinter are bit of a squeeze to fit. go vw and get a rally one or make one up.

the ones on abay can fit. very common 600x300x76 are a bit too big. but the medium ones are 450x300x76 and cos they are all ali if its too high cut it down and reweld. ..

Offered my mk5 intercooler up today whilst the car's in pieces, there's no way its going to fit not without some serious cutting, much to high, going to have another look tomorrow with the slam panel in place but think i'll be going another route...

Anyone want a mk5 intercooler, got one for sale....

just give g-werks a ring about the pipes they should sort them out thats were i got mine from.dont think i'll be getting a mk5 intercooler if there going to be that hard to fit

Big but quite thin?

Thin is better. All air inside is cooled. Prob with thick coolers is the air reaches the back and has been warmed up from cooling the forward area.

Plus better airflow over the IC.