Sign in to follow this  
ravaling

what size brake set up

i have a set of 16" borbet a , looking for a new brake set up was wondering if you chaps had some ideas as i,m not sure which one,s, there are so many to choose from bigger then the standard 256 mm on my 2.0 16v 1994 cheers

With the wheels you'll be limited to what you can fit under them, Brembo 4 Pots may be out of the question as their very wide bodied and only certain 16" motorsport wheels fit so god help a set of nice dished wheels.

One option would be to go for a 280mm set up off a G60, or go for a 288mm set up off a VR6 (more work required fitting the 288mm's over the 280mm's plus ones designed for 5 stud wheels). Again I don't know if the Borbet's will have enough room for a set of R32 312mm discs/callipers.

A set of 280mm callipers, with the right discs and pad's will provide more than enough braking force for a standard 16v. And if your interested I think G60DAN on here may have a set coming up for sale as he's just got a set of Brembo's for his G60, drop him a PM.

no chance with the Brembo's mate as i've just been having all sorts of fun & games finding wheels that will clear them, need about 50mm on the VR clearance from the hub face to the back of your wheel spokes for the calipers, think its a bit less for the G60 (4 stud jobbies) like 41mm but still a fair bit

If you go to the brembo website they've got usefull details of this try:-

http://www.brembo.com/CatalogoHPGT/Deta ... idLingua=1

Think Craig!'s suggestion is probably your best plan unless you want to change your wheels.

i thought it was going to be a bit of a prob ,i,m liking the wheels and phat look, so i,m looking at a 288mm or 280mm set up then

yeah is it worth doing and is there a big differance between the two of them as in being able to feel it i have ebc grooved and gren pads at the mo that was good when i had them fitted

Lovin those wheels on your rado. iirc the 312 setup doesnt fit behind them though. There isnt a huge difference between the 312 and 288 though.

- Ross

think the 288 & 312 setup's use the same callipers so if you've got enough clearance behind the Borbets then the 288's should be a good bet!

EDIT - if they can be mounted on a 4 stud type hub