Sign in to follow this  
Mike Edwards

Wheel Decision...

Do I refurb the - kerbed - BBS RX on my 'Project' G60 and buy a set of new (legal) tyres, or just flog them cheap and buy a serviceable set of used wheels and tyres?

Costs seem to be about the same, so... :confused4:

depends how much you like the bbs wheels mate, also depends on what you replace them with!! if it was me i would re furb the bbs and get them looking like new!!!

get the BBS's like new or even go that little bit further and get them blinged up for the summer

Well - given how far the tyres protrude relative to the wheels, I'm still wondering HOW whoever was driving managed it??? :scratch:

It's going to need a bit more than some light sanding followed by powder coating... :roll:

Mike, hope the project is coming along nicely. I got the wheels for less than the price of a packet of cigarettes, if you put the pics up I'm sure people will understand why!

The guy i bought them from had them on a mk3 golf that was hit on the passenger side at high speed knocking him into a central reservation.

Personally i'd keep and refurb em as RX's are timeless classics for the Corrado (have you ever met anyone that didn't think they suited the Corrado!?)

Or you could just drive into another kerb giving you a lovely set of 4 matching wheels! :lol:

On the plus side, that all the tyres are illegal makes the fact that they're the wrong size (leading to extensive rubbing and noticeable problems with the gearing) much more palateable... :)

BTW, if the car was in the same state when I bought it as when it got it's MOT, make a point of never going back to that garage.

I've never seen a melted choc-bloc screw connector terminal before, plus you have to love the way someone had wrapped tape round it 'just to be certain'.

(Air Freshener comment removed as it wasn't intended as a dig)

As mentioned above Mike the wheels weren't always on a Corrado, which may explain the choice of tyre size.

Said garage are no longer used as I stopped using them when they forgot to attach the lambda after replacing the CAT.

EDIT: No worries then Mike :D

Jason