Sign in to follow this  
vr6radodan

vr6radodan's Rolling Road Update.

Hi all,

I have just uploaded some pic's of my rado vr6 to my personal gallery for the first time and i'd like your comment's on what you think because i am thinking of putting it on the calendar some time this year. These picture's are quite old now it has moved on since they were taken i will be putting some newer one's on soon. I have spent a bloody fortune on this rado to keep it in good nick it's not supercharged (yet) or turbo'ed but it is pretty darn quick off the line. Been told by Adam Baker (tuner) it is somewhere around 240bhp the sound it makes when it's going is bloody awesome.So have a butchers and give me your feed back.

Cheers vr6radodan. 8)

HI KADVR6,

The engine ha been fully rebuilt 27,000 miles ago with the addition of a big valve, polished and ported head, uprated heavy duty clutch, piper fast road cam kit, jetex induction kit, magnex stainless to cat, chipped by adam baker, i don't know if you know this bloke he is from leeds apparently he used to tune cosworth's and race them, He used to get them over 500bhp and when he drove my corrado he said it was about 240bhp and could not believe the pull on it, I am going to get a rolling road print out soon from awesome because i am curious myself.

Cheers vr6radodan.

Hmmn, I really cannot see a 2.9VR6 rado pulling 240BHP from just a big valve, p+p head, cams, induction kit (neg. increase if it all unless CAI), CAT back exhaust and remap. However, post up the RR printout when you have it done mate, will be interesting to see !

Cheers

Hi BigTartanJudge,

Not certain myself of the horsepower just going off what baker said, Also my dad has just recently sold his standard 2.9 corrado vr6 which was a quick car, But he used to struggle to keep up with me sometimes when i give it a bit. Hoping to put a charger on when funds permit, My aim in the future is to try and get it upto 300bhp. Going to ring Awesome to see if they will do it for next Monday.

Cheers vr6radodan.

Update managed to book the rado in awesome 2pm monday, so if all goes well on rolling road (fingers crossed), i will let you know monday night when i get home just what bhp it is putting out.

Cheers vr6radodan.

Hi All,

Took my rado down to Awesome yesterday (15-01-2007) to see what horsepower it was putting out, Run beautiful on the rolling road didn't put out as much as i was expecting. It came back at 204.63bhp was expecting a bit more really with the work thats been done on it, Not to bothered though because the guy at awesome said it was a very strong and torque engine. Also in the future hoping to either supercharge or turbocharge it.

Cheers vr6radodan.

Hi corradovr6-n.o.s,

Engine rebuilt at dubsport 27,000 miles ago,polished and ported head, piper fast road cams, manex exhaust, jetex induction kit, remaped, samco hose kit, uprated heavy duty clutch kit, etc etc.

Cheers vr6radodan.

Bit more in the ballpark there, but thought it would have been more than that actually for the mods carried out, although not 240BHP,

Good luck with the forced induction plans mate ;-)

Hi BigTartanJudge

Yeah i thought it would have been higher than that (204.63bhp) myself, but at least i am over the 200hp for the moment i am hopeing to get a charger on in the next 12 months if all goes well.

cheers vr6radodan. :thumb right: